Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

BIC GRATIS! THANK YOU KVD, FRESH, OLE HENRIKSEN AND SEPHORA!!

OMG! I'm like a kid on Christmas right now. I received gratis from the Sephora Elf @KatieBT for my contributions on the BIC lately! I am beyond excited to try the products!!

I received Fresh Youth Preserve Rescue Mask, Ole HENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Cream (I knew it!), KVD Metal Crush palette, and the Sephora Collection Dark Rainbow Pro Flawless Airbrush #56.

Finally, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to KVD, Fresh, Ole Henriksen, Sephora, and KatieBT!!! Here are some unboxing pictures. Reviews to follow. Can't wait to hear from the other ladies that receive this!! @mezzotown88@ohheyitscindyk@prettyinpa

**Edited to add Spoilers

Spoiler

Re: BIC GRATIS! THANK YOU KVD, FRESH, OLE HENRIKSEN AND SEPHORA!!

@Lazybeautybeast What a great set of products! Those buttons are so adorable, too 🙂

Congrats @Lazybeautybeast! I've been eyeing that KVD palette and the OH eye cream. I'm so excited to hear your thoughts. Maybe the eye cream will be the answer to my dark under eye circles!

You reminded me I haven't been to this thread in a while @pinyo. I posted official reviews on everything except the Fresh Lotus mask. With the holidays, I just didn't have time to try it more than once so I don't feel like I have given it a fair shot yet.

As an update on the other products. I love the brush. It is great for setting powder, I also use it for highlighters and blush sometimes.

I HIGHLY recommend the KVD palette. It is glittery but I love the affect especially over the holidays. 

Finally, the the OH eye cream. I do think it helped masked dark circles a little and I think the formula is good for a daytime eye cream. I'm pretty young so I never feel like I am impressed with eye creams in general (I only wear eye creams for age prevention and hydradation). I had this feeling towards this product as well, but I don't want to hold this against the product so I tried to compare it some of the things I didn't like in other eye creams I have tried. It is not greasy, absorbs nicely, and is fairly hydrating compared to others. I would compare it to Origin's Gin-zing eye cream but a little heavier (in a good way) and provides a little coverage for dark circles. It wasn't a miracle for me (again it goes back to my mixed feelings towards all eye creams) but I do recommend it.

Hope that helps. I hope to use the Fresh mask a few more times and post my official review.

@Lazybeautybeast,

Thanks for your thoughts on the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme, and the KVD Metal Crush Palette! 

You convince me to want to try them both.  🙂

Thanks @Lazybeautybeast! I'm probably in the same boat as you when it comes to eye creams. I'm using it for prevention and hydration, but I also have these dark circles that I'd like to minimize. I can't tell if it's from chronic lack of sleep (most likely). I've tried a few different eye creams with no success...I'm starting to assume dark circles can't really be helped!

There are lots of reasons for dark circles. I think mine is a combo of poor diet, lack of sleep, and I have deep, hooded eyes and fair so the shadows work against me. I can do my best to prevent the first 2, but all the eye cream and concealer in the world can't fix shadows. Lol.

Anyway, if you can get a sample of the eye cream to try out a few days it might help you decide if investing in the full size is worth it. @pinyo

RE: BIC GRATIS! THANK YOU KVD, FRESH, OLE HENRIKSEN AND SEPHORA!!

How do you qualify for Gratis? This is awesome.

Re: RE: BIC GRATIS! THANK YOU KVD, FRESH, OLE HENRIKSEN AND SEPHORA!!

@lset,

Receiving a Gratis is awesome!

If you read the letter from Sephora at the top of this page, in the Spoiler, it gives some hints about how people are chosen to receive a Gratis. "Contributions to the Beauty Insider Community, meaningful participation in conversations, and love of beauty and expert advice" are cited as attributes of someone chosen by Sephora to receive a Gratis.  In other words, "participate in the Beauty Insider Community and on the Sephora site, and stay positive."  It takes time, it's not something accomplished quickly.

Receiving a Gratis is something that happens while you are not concentrating on receiving a Gratis, but as a surprise while you are enjoying participating as a member of this community.

@Lazybeautybeast  LOVE the styling on this photo!!! Congrats!!!

@Lazybeautybeast@mezzotown88@ohheyitscindyk@prettyinpa - Congratulations on your awesome gifts everyone!

Enjoy!

Anonymous Insider

Congratulations, @Lazybeautybeast!

So, I also got picked by the Sephora team to test out these products! I did not expect it since I'm so new! I was so excited to be included so first off, I'd like to thank the Sephora team, Ole Henriksen, KVD and Fresh. 🙂

Here are some pictures of what was included in the box:

24740322_1947250045290388_695972018_o.jpg24550242_1947249611957098_349357417_n.jpg

Here are some close-ups of the products:

Spoiler
24726210_1947249785290414_1552697486_o.jpg24740180_1947249761957083_572220905_o.jpg24818949_1947249621957097_305987485_o.jpg24726370_1947250018623724_487431292_o.jpg24824318_1947249998623726_1889214952_n.jpg

Ole Henriksen's Banana Bright Eye Crème: I've been using this for a few days now and I do really enjoy it. The cream smells a little citrusy, much like the other products in the Truth collection. I have noticed that my undereye area is less dark and more even. I'll update once I've used it for a little longer, but I'm liking what it's accomplished up to now. 

Sephora PRO Flawless Airbrush #56: Can I just start off by saying how incredibly soft and beautiful this brush is. I used it with my powder Bareminerals foundation and it worked wonderfully. I'm going to test it with liquid foundation soon to see how it works with that. This is the nicest brush I own and I'm so happy to be able to try it out.

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask: I've used this mask twice already and I love it. I love that I only have to leave it on for 5 minutes (I'm impatient when it comes to masks that take longer than 10 min) and that it is exfoliating. You simply have to apply it, leave it on for 5 min and then add water and then massage your skin to exfoliate it while taking off the mask. My skin tends to get dry in certain areas during this time of year and this mask made it feel so smooth. The only thing that bothers me is the seaweed smell, but it isn't very strong so I can get past that. 

KVD's Metal Crush Palette: The packaging on this is stunning. The highlighters are pretty glittery, so if you don't like that kind of highlighter, this might not be for you. I haven't tried them out as eyeshadows or lip toppers yet, but I'm sure they would look pretty those ways as well. I do like glittery highlighters, so I am loving this palette. The colours are also fun and are pigmented. I've only worn Helix (the green one) up to now. I found it was best if I only applied it on my cheekbones or else I got glitter all over my face. It did stay on all day though! Here's a picture of what it looks like on. Sorry for the odd pose, I didn't have natural lighting 😛

Spoiler
24550591_1947249595290433_878983928_n.jpg

Overall, I love every single one of these products. Thank you so much again, Sephora ❤️

RE: Re: BIC GRATIS! THANK YOU KVD, FRESH, OLE HENRIKSEN AND SEPHORA!!

Congrats SpaceLlama! That palette is gorgeous. Have never heard of that OH cream but checking it now for sure!

OMG!   How did I miss this post? 

Congrats, @SpaceLlama!  You totally deserve this gift, sweetie!  And thank you for your thorough reviews! ❤️

Ha ha its okay, @Tamara76 😛

And thank you! They really couldn't have picked better products to try out 😊

Congrats @SpaceLlama !!

BTW, loving the new hair color (which may not be new but new to me since I've been spotty on here of late)

Congrats!

@SpaceLlama Thanks for those great reviews! I love seaweed so the smell of the Fresh mask won't be a turnoff for me! 😄  Congrats and enjoy your treasures!!

Congratulations on being included,  @SpaceLlama!

I love your hair too!  It's great reading what you have to say about these products. 

I hope that you continue to enjoy them all!  I'm getting more and more interested in that brush!  🙂

YEY!!! Congratulations @SpaceLlama I’m glad you got your gratis box!!! I’ve had that brush for a long time. It is one of my favs and i’ve been using it for contour type highlighter. I never thought of using it for my bare minerals powder foundation. I’ll have to try that.

The KVD looks great on you. Enjoy it all ❤️

Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • KVD Crushed Metal Swatch
  • E1B2596C-79B3-48FC-B6CE-0644061FD8A7.jpeg
  • 24740322_1947250045290388_695972018_o.jpg
  • 24550242_1947249611957098_349357417_n.jpg
  • 24726210_1947249785290414_1552697486_o.jpg
  • 24740180_1947249761957083_572220905_o.jpg
  • 24818949_1947249621957097_305987485_o.jpg
  • 24726370_1947250018623724_487431292_o.jpg
  • 24824318_1947249998623726_1889214952_n.jpg