Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Active Promo Codes #19

Codes Updated: 1/29/2020 Hey BIC! This thread has moved! Check out the new thread at: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Promo-Codes-20/m-p/5142933/highlight/true#M125165

RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

Has anyone else had issues with this code recently? It keeps saying “invalid entry” when I try it

Re: RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

I had Herbivore in my cart and it sold out yesterday. I was able to redeem it for Saint Jane though. 

@susanatx Did you double check everything is spelled correctly? It still shows up as in stock for me

Re: Active Promo Codes #19

Has anyone tried the herbivore emerald oil? Thoughts? 

I ordered for this promo and I'm so excited for it to come! I have sampled the original one before (w/o cbd) and didn't like it - but I'll give it another shot because I think there was something wrong with the original one. It was blue instead of green and smelled like mint. The associate said it was lighter than argan/marula oil and would be absorbed faster, I'm thinking about using it during the day, esp as I have a lot of redness in my cheeks.

@trishavt I’ve been using it on my face since Wednesday, mostly in the morning, to help reduce inflammation. I’ve always hated the smell of pot (it makes me nauseous), so I was worried about this oil. But it’s not nearly as stinky as I thought it’d be. I mean it does have a cannabis scent, but it’s annoying for just 10 seconds after application and then I can’t smell it anymore—especially when I apply my YTTP Superfood Moisturizer over it. Though it’s so moisturizing on its own, I don’t top it with my cream moisturizer if I’m staying home and indoors all day. 

I rub a couple drops between my palms and press it into my face. I can use it on my undereyes without any eye irritation. It plumps up all the finer lines on my forehead so I can’t see them anymore. 😄 My dry zones happily soak it right up, and it doesn’t seem to clog my oily zone. Best of all, it combats redness and irritation even better (for me) than The Ordinary 100% Rose Hip Oil. It even reduces the pain of random angry red pimples. I can literally feel my face relax when I apply it. 😄 So far, it’s one of the best skincare purchases I’ve ever made. 

@trishavt I’ve been using it for just over a month/month and a half now and I absolutely love it. I find it to be both soothing and hydrating, and I haven’t had any issues with break outs or irritation. It definitely has a cannabis smell, so if you’re sensitive or don’t like that scent, it might be too much, but it does fade rather quickly. 

@ohheyitscindyk  thank you for being you! Heart Heart Heart  I've had my eye on that Herbivore oil for months now and saw your post and grabbed one almost a whole day before I got the email notification from sephora!  🙂 🙂  I'm so pleased that I can test it out before investing in the full size.

@drrragon Aww you're so sweet! I'm glad you got it, I'm eyeing it, too.. I have the original Hemp version & I really like it, so I'm hoping to snag a sample of this to try as well 🙂

Holiday Sale - Rouge info

Holiday Bonus SALE is beginning next Friday 11/1 for Rouge clients who get Early Access to shop the sale before anyone else! Use code HOLIDAYSAVE as many times as you want during the event which ends on 11/11 either online at checkout or in store with your Insider status!

Dates and codes for VIB and Beauty Insider have not been announced and I’ll update with more info once available.

Also for one day only on 11/1, all Rouge clients get to bring a friend to shop with them in store only and share their 20% discount. Your friend has to be enrolled in the Beauty Insider program, and you both must be in store for your friend to receive 20% off.

Usual Exclusions: The offer is not valid on The Ordinary products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson-branded item, three Drunk Elephant items, five Morphe (sephoracanada) items, and three Tatcha items per SKU per transaction.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.48.59 PM.png

@veronika23 I can’t believe you have to be present in the store with your friend for them to receive the discount. Not all of us live near our friends and not everyone can schedule a meet up on a Friday when most of us work 9-5.  

That’s some garbage on Sephora’s part. They’re making it as difficult as possible to share your 20% off with a friend. 

@itscarin  oh I didn't realize.... ugh... not surprising though. Sephora just keeps getting worse and worse IMO. My spending is way down compared to last year. It also doesn't help them that I can't access my full wish list. Guess they like loosing money.  Oh well. SDM in Canada is upping their game and Ulta will be here soon enough. Sephora is just a big pile of 💩💩💩.

My spending is wayyyyyy down this year too. I just don't see a huge benefit to hitting Rouge anymore. It's hard for me to justify spending that much.

@itscarin  You could just order for your friend with your discount and they could pay you back

@Guessgal My friend would want the purchase to go towards her account so she can make vib though. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 4.00.15 PM.png

Okay they have a thread up on this but it won’t let me reply on there so I’m posting here.

Thank you for the dates it’s very helpful.

I just wanted to say that I’m finding it RIDICULOUS that they have lowered the discount for VIB from 20% down to 15% for the fall event. This is the first year this has happened. I know it’s because people have complained there are no good rouge incentives vs VIB, but hey @customer support when people complain about this it’s because they want you to make rouge BETTER not just make the other tiers worse.

Very sad about the way Sephora has taken a turn, last year them changing the giftcard event from 15/20/25 off 50 to 15/20/25 off 75, and now this. FYI 15% off is not competitive at all - it’s the same as the email sign up offers brands have direct, which are available 365/24/7, even for brands like drunk elephant.

I do spend over 1k on skincare&makeup annually and was rouge at one point, but started to buy more items elsewhere as Sephora is just not competitive. 350$ a year spent is not as much as 1k$ but giving 15% off for that is just awful, ESPECIALLY with the 30% coupons that have gone out to beauty insiders this year. I am guessing that for the spring sale Sephora will start giving VIB 10% off instead of 15% off. This equivalent to sales tax where I live! 

You are 100% correct! I think many of us feel the same way. Perhaps when they see their Rouge members declining they will open their eyes, but who knows.

I think it’s going to be a toss up. Vibs are either going to stop shopping Sephora or spend more to make rouge. Could be a risky move that backfires. I don’t know if they got some math whiz who analyzed the data and thinks they can absorb the possible loss of Vibs and still be profitable. Maybe all that random marketing coupons or targeted offers was a test of the vib profile and what it would take to get them to buy more and the outcome of their marketing study was this decision?

I am a vib and will no longer shop sephora. Brand sites and nordstroms from now on. There is nothing  I use that can not get it from other sites. Once I finish up my sephora foundation I won't repurchase that. No incentive for me to stay as a vib and no way in hell I am going rouge as there is literally no benefit to doing so. This drop in sale percentage was the final straw for me. 

I would have spent more to make rouge only if they had made the rouge tier more attractive (like 25% discount), right now unfortunately I don't see it as being more attractive. I wonder if someone did do this - statistically I'd imagine that there are more vibs than rouge, and more BIs than vibs, sort of like a pyramid formation. 

3,650 Replies
testing