Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

I am in the minority then, because I've found most of the posts I've read here entertaining. As entertaining as it is, I've only commented when it is near the top of the feed, so I take no blame for "bringing it back." 

Although all of our constant bumps keep it up top, so I am officially out after this. The fun has to end sometime. 

A week ago I found it a bit more amusing. Now I'm equal parts amused and baffled. Sometimes I fear my commenting brings it back, but I just can't hold my sassy tongue!

lol!

I don't mind the funny posts, but most are still rather annoying. Obviously I am not helping the thread go away by replying to you NC hahaha. Get out while you can!

I really just keep thinking #ByeFelicia. 😄

It's because it's fun to be holding pitchforks all the time! RAGE!3.jpg

This made me smile. 

omg I love this. Thanks for posting this chocopudding.  That's all. 

You're welcome 😉

I drove by a place called "United Storage" one time at night. Some of the letters were burnt out so it said "United Rage" and this is what I picture. 😄

HAHAHA United Rage. I love it!!!

Ha ha ha! United Rage. I'd have taken a pic. Or better yet a cross-looking selfie. Lol!

Sephora doesn't owe you people anything! Stop being a bunch of whiny babies. No amount of makeup will cover up your ugly personalities.

Just to echo what Sierra said- Sephora's competitors give better GWPs and rewards than Sephora does. If Sephora wants to remain competitive, they need to improve their rewards system or they'll lose customers (as we've all seen).

A big part of getting people to come shop at your store vs other stores is having a sound differentiation strategy. In other words, what makes one want to spend their money at Sephora as opposed to other stores? For me, there isn't much. As I've said in much earlier comments, Sephora's customer service and employees aren't any better to me than what I can find at other stores. There are some brands that Sephora carries that, say, Ulta and Nordstrom don't carry, but I can go to each individual company and buy their products off of their website. It's not much of an inconvenience to me. Nordstrom offers free shipping and 3 free samples, just as I am as a VIB Rouge at Sephora, and Nordstrom offers samples of more premium brands so they win this one for me.

Does Sephora owe us anything? No, but customers have a reasonable expectation of rewards or gifts with purchase comparable to those of Sephora's closest competitors, Ulta and Nordstrom. If neither of those companies offered those things, I don't think it would be reasonable to expect rewards or GWPs. But they do, so that's where the reasonable expectation comes into play.

Now, I'm not saying I'm any better than anyone else. However, I am in my last year as a business student so I'd like to think I know more about business than the average person. I think some of the comparisons you made below are not reasonable. Of course you don't expect rewards from LV, because premium brands just don't offer those things (save for beauty; la prairie and La Mer offer GWPs and are premium brands). Do you get discounts, rewards, or GWPs by purchasing Fendi, Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, or Prada? No, so it's unreasonable to expect a reward.

Now that I've jammed "reasonable expectation" down your throat, I think I'm finished.

You do get a GWP from Prada, Jimmy Choo, and Fendi - the gift of being envied by other women and looking awesome at the same time!!!!!  I'm kidding just trying to lighten the mood 🙂 but I am tired of all of this - it happened, it's over, let's move on shall we?

Haha good one! Yes I have moved on- to Ulta and Nordies. 😉

" Of course you don't expect rewards from LV, because premium brands just don't offer those things"

^^^ So. Much. This. 

I'm really over seeing the "premium brand" thing thrown around. Just because they are owned by the same corporation does not give the store the same prestige as Louis Vuitton. Your comparing a store that sells $50 blush to a store that sells $1000 heels? It is not that prestigious. People need to get over themselves.

Fine, maybe I shouldn't have used LV handbags as a comparison. Swap out LV for Chanel cosmetics and it's the same thing. They never have sales and some of their products are even more "affordable" than some of the brands sold at Sephora. It really doesn't matter though. People will complain about this promotion and will crawl right back to Sephora when the holiday collections roll around.

I get gwp at chanel counters all the time and their sale associated are always super nice and enthusiastic. Make  you feel much better as a customer than sephora does.

Even Coach does a yearly handbag sale with steep discounts. Find a top line brand and there is at least one yearly event to get a better value. The argument really is invalid. It basically resolves around the idea that Sephora has enough "prestige" that it should not cater to the "pleebs". It comes off as elitist, and a perfect example of the inner ugliness you came to the thread accusing others of displaying.

Hahahah, Salvatore Ferragamo doesn't give out GWPs, but I have received their perfume samples when I bought their shoes 😉 So random.....

testing