Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Gotta say I agree with you, butterblume.... if only they'd named it was it was, an internet speed-shopping contest with fabulous prizes. It's too bad. I really, really wanted that YSL palette. On to the next!

You know what the real problem is? They used this as a sales strategy instead of as a way to reward their clients, and the result was thousands of annoying girls spending $250 the week before so that they can have enough for a 1000 point reward and return their merchandise later. Those are the same people who are now making a scene and returning everything they bought.. some of them probably managed to get the reward they wanted at the expense of the actual loyal customers referred to in this lame apology. Is this how Sephora wants to make money? It's a real turn off and slowly but surely the client base will drift somewhere better.

The real joke is that I'd bet they're just offering points to everyone who didn't get a reward, thereby diluting the value of the points even more. Why are they doing this? Because people who have points in their account will inevitably stick around to try and get something.

There's absolutely no excuse for having 25 seconds worth of rewards. I know for a fact that that's how long it took for them to sell out, at least in Canada (don't get me started about what a mess the Sephora-Canada relationship has become).

Of course they could- it's not that hard to spend a few hundred bucks in a week. They're bragging about it in other threads and on twitter.

Anonymous Insider

Already sent the email, just to see what's this one about.

Dear Sephora,

For all the money I spent in your stores and online during the 4x points I got some fantastic products, great customer service and all the samples and gifts-with-purchases I requested. You don't owe me anything.

Exactly 😉  

So I decided to send a FB message just to see what response I would recieve and how funny is it that this is what I got in return:

Dear Jessica, we are sorry to hear about your experience! Please see the message to our clients regarding Epic Rewards here: http://seph.me/1TnlEfI

I really hope they aren't sending that message to everyone (in my message to them I mentioned that I was an active member of BT so I don't know if that's why they directed me here or not) because if they are this board is going to implode lol

I sent a Facebook message and was redirected as well.

They want people to come to BT and stay!  They want to use the great community that the Sephora customers like y'all have built and KEEP those angry customers.

This is what I did!  I came here after the 

May rewards and stayed (and, shopped A LOT $$$$$) because of y'all!

Sephora is exploiting the good citizens of the BT board and now me! 

Honestly, people should tell Sephora to change the program to a cash Rewards system.....Not kiss their behinds and make excuses for them.

This is the thread for it!

Yeah I definitely agree the rewards system sucks!  I haven't cashed in a point perk in who knows how long, not even a 100.  It would be nice to be able to convert our points into cash towards purchases!  I don't know thhough,  I may really never stop shopping then lol  

I am pretty new to BT and I love seeing new members join!  BT is AWESOME!  I just love how this board is one of the very few that has been able to stay mostly drama free and supportive.  I just worry that with all of the anger being directed this way that could change ;(  

Pretty much feel the same as you!  I love  Sephora and this board.  This is the first beauty I join and everyone is awesome and welcoming. 

I don't want to disrupt the board with negativity, don't want to return anything because I bought things I want and I don't want to be use as a pawn on BT, either! 

This is the second Epic Rewards I have not seen the prizes heavily marketed, but have been present for and eligible to redeem.

I don't know any other store that treats its customers 

like this when it comes to redeeming rewards!!

I think you're right; they are redirecting anyone who messages Sephora to this BT thread, regardless of their being a BT member or not.

I just received a response to my message on FB,and got the same reply verbatim ._.;

Eeee. We do not need more newbie complainers here! Only newbies who want to stay and play positively!

Which means more money for Sephora!  They want the nice contributors of BT  to clean up their dirty mess!

Dear Sephora, another mysterious offer? More expectations that your clients are going to jump through hoops like trained monkeys just to get something. Anything. We don't care what it is??!!

More worthless points. Sure. Send me more points so I can buy something from you to receive a sample of something that I might buy more of. 

Whatever. 

The only thing your company could do to that might make me see you in a favorable light is:

1) send me an email. Not communicate through these **bleep** boards. After today I am done with the boards. 

2) give me a specific offer. You had us jump through hoops for that **bleep** epic rewards. Now you want us to jump through hoops for something else. 

3) I wanted Dior. Tell me if I email you which reward that I wanted and you will send me a substitute Dior reward. Perhaps then I might not think as harshly about you. 

Love it! *STANDING APPLAUSE*

We don't want your hush points, we want to know that our patronage is being appreciated by doing things the right way the first time instead of you having to clean up your mess afterwards. Throwing points at us is like using a dirty mop to clean the floor.

THIS IS THE LETTER I JUST SENT:

I stayed up all night refreshing every minuted after what happened last time. The first issue I encountered was the morning of the 10th when a "technical glitch," subtracted points from my account for no reason. After many attempts to get through the VIB Rouge line (busy signal for 30 minutes) and being on hold the points were credited back. The associate also had to fix another transaction that my 4x points were never given. Now onto the actual epic reward: I'm able to add the YSL reward to my cart, because I had been online refreshing like crazy. As I hit submit order, it says it's out of stock. Okay, so I try for the Givenchy perk. Can't add it to my cart because the 2000 points for the YSL perk are still being held. I go back and remove the YSL from my cart. By this time, the Givenchy perk is out of stock. So I try for the Dior perk (I think...I'm so stressed at this point I'm not even positive). I'm able to check out with the perk in my cart. After I press "Place order," the perk was removed, I only discover this when the order confirmation screen appears. Order Number is: XXXXX. By the time I go back to try to add anything to my cart everything is gone because I had to add something from my loves list to even attempt to get a reward because my original shopping cart was already checked out. I sat down and cried at this point from frustration, sadness and exhaustion. I'm truly heart broken by what happened and have been a Rouge member since the beginning.
The email associated with the account is XXXXX and my Rouge # is XXXXX. Please do something to make this right besides giving me more points. I didn't ask for anything this time around (but I hear you are giving out 1000), but was given 500 bonus points after the Spring debacle.

testing