Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

2012 Chic Week Promotion for Beauty Insiders (Mar 30th – Apr 5th)

What is Chic Week?

Chic Week is a special promotion offering 15% off all purchases for Beauty Insiders from March 30th – April 5th. To kickoff Chic Week, Very Important Beauty Insiders (V.I.B.s) can attend a special Preview Party at their local store on March 29th.  VIB’s can redeem the promotion from  March 29th – April 6th.

V.I.B.’s will receive an email on 3/27 inviting them to the preview.  If you are a V.I.B. and have not received the email please log into the V.I.B. only section at Beauty Talk, on or after 3/27/2012: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Bright-Ideas/ct-p/Ideas

What will be offered at the Preview Party?

V.I.B’s will receive the below benefits on 3/29:

• The first to shop: an extra day to save 15% before everyone else, online and in stores
  • VIB’s bring a friend to get the discount too
  • A SEPHORA umbrella to take home
  • A special VIB sample bag
  • Pantone Express Service makeup lessons at The Beauty Studio
  • Face Time with our Experts and Brands

What time does the preview party begin?

The Preview Party is happening all day on March 29th during you local stores regular business hours. Check out our store locator for hours and locations: https://bit.ly/sephorastores

What does the umbrella look like?
The umbrella is a large sleek, black Sephora umbrella with red nylon lining.  The umbrella is only available for V.I.B. clients with a purchase at the March 29th event and can only be redeemed once per client. 

Is the discount available at Sephora inside jcpenney stores?
The 15% off discount can be redeemed but all preview party perks may not be available at Sephora inside jcpenney stores.

Is the discount available with Canadian orders?
The 15% off discount is available in US and Canada stores but it not available with Canadian checkout online. We do reserve offers for our Canadian clients, so make sure to check our Canadian offers page for exclusives.> http://bit.ly/nUpEzY

Can I redeem the 15% off offer more than once?
Absolutely! The offer can be redeemed multiple times through April 5th for Beauty Insiders and through April 6th for VIB’s.

What if I’m not a Beauty Insider?
Beauty Insider is free and easy to sign up. Become a Beauty Insider to redeem the 15% off promotion. Learn more about the Beauty Insider program at any Sephora store or online at http://www.sephora.com/beautyinsider

Anonymous Insider

Re: 2012 Chic Week Promotion for Beauty Insiders (Mar 30th – Apr 5th)

I'm kinda disappointed.  I am a Beauty Insider (hopefully this purchase would have put me at VIB) and I have been anxiously awaiting my email and still have not received it.  Thats the first bummer.  Then, as I've read through the posts, it sounds like this is an in-store-only thing and there is not store near me, in fact the nearest Sephora is over 400 miles away.  Thats bummer #2.  I did recieve a 20% off coupon from ULTA, and there is an ULTA the next town over.  But they don't carry all the brands I buy, nor give me points and free samples.  I was so excited about my big getting-ready-for-summer purchase, but I guess I will have to wait and save up more money.  Big bummer!!

bearsmom wrote:

I'm kinda disappointed.  I am a Beauty Insider (hopefully this purchase would have put me at VIB) and I have been anxiously awaiting my email and still have not received it.  Thats the first bummer.  Then, as I've read through the posts, it sounds like this is an in-store-only thing and there is not store near me, in fact the nearest Sephora is over 400 miles away.  Thats bummer #2.  I did recieve a 20% off coupon from ULTA, and there is an ULTA the next town over.  But they don't carry all the brands I buy, nor give me points and free samples.  I was so excited about my big getting-ready-for-summer purchase, but I guess I will have to wait and save up more money.  Big bummer!!

Sorry you haven't received the email!  Click here to view the email. I will send you a message to help with your account.

Anonymous Insider

keelybt wrote:

bearsmom wrote:

Sorry you haven't received the email!  Click here to view the email. I will send you a message to help with your account.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!  So much!!!!  I am all smiles now!!

Anonymous Insider

I have been a VIB ever since the program was announced and I have already met the quota to maintain VIB status until 2013. I was excited to go to the preview event and brought my mother and grandmother with me. BUT, I was pretty disappointed. The music was so loud, I wasn't able to hear the sales associates when I needed help with anything. When I checked out, the cashier was not friendly at all. I spent $200 and bought a lot of things and she crammed everything into one small bag with no tissue paper. To some that may be insignificant but when I pay premium prices, I expect the products to be wrapped nicely and to receive excellent service. They were also out of the umbrellas and did not have any sample bags. The manager did kindly intervene when she could see I was disappointed and offered another free perk. That satisfied me until I got home and saw that 500 points had been deducted from my account. I specifically asked if it was a 500 point perk and she said no. I called the store and spoke with the manager who has assured me that she will get my points credited back to my account. We will see. I am also disappointed that you don't gain points from Sephora inside JC Penney. I shop there often as well and would have a couple thousand points if that were the case.

Sorry to hear that hellocrystal!

I'm happy to forward your feedback regarding your in store experience, and please let us know if you have not had your points updated within a week. We'll gladly fix that for you. 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Is the Chic Week supposed to be in the stores as well?  In reading through the posts, it looks like there was supposed to be a kick-off at the local Sephora stores.  I live very near one, and I was very disappointed to not hear anything about an in-store promo.  Was this at all the stores or just a few?

kungfucutie wrote:

Is the Chic Week supposed to be in the stores as well?  In reading through the posts, it looks like there was supposed to be a kick-off at the local Sephora stores.  I live very near one, and I was very disappointed to not hear anything about an in-store promo.  Was this at all the stores or just a few?

@ Kungfucutie  All of our free-standing stores participated in the Preview Party.  Did you receive the VIB e-mail?

The Sephora nearest to me is 1hr drive away, and they do not have the sample bags.

So very sad. It would be great if you have all the promo items in all Sephora stores. =(

Wasn't happy with the staff at Sephora in Richmond Centre, BC today. Purchased something with my VIB discount and was told the umbrella were all given out. Walked past Sephora again later and saw a woman walking out with one. Then I go in to ask a staff and she said they were gone, and I was like no, I saw someone walking out with one. Then another girl said "there's three left I think," and then the lady brought me an umbrella. I don't think I'll go back to this location again.

wheetnee wrote:

Wasn't happy with the staff at Sephora in Richmond Centre, BC today. Purchased something with my VIB discount and was told the umbrella were all given out. Walked past Sephora again later and saw a woman walking out with one. Then I go in to ask a staff and she said they were gone, and I was like no, I saw someone walking out with one. Then another girl said "there's three left I think," and then the lady brought me an umbrella. I don't think I'll go back to this location again.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that! This feedback will be forwarded to our retail team for sure. Thanks for reporting and glad you got an umbrella!

XO,
Olivia

Wow! that was so rude. 

Anonymous Insider

Is the umbrella only available in store or can you get it online?

It was only in store.

Can anyone tell me what was in the sample bag?

Here's an album with all the samples that comes in the bag~ Smiley Happy

I went to a Sephora in the bay area.

Inside mine are the following items:

.35oz boscia b.b. cream

.1 fl. oz sephora full action extreme effect mascara

7ml of bumble and bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner

2.1 g especially escada solid perfume

3ml mufe smokey lash mascara

2ml givenchy mister light

hope this helps and hope you got a sample baggy!

I am super excited! Is this event happening at every sephora store on March 29th? Also, what type of brands will be at the preview?

I have not gotten an email about this and I am  a VIB.  Could you check into this and make sure I receive the email? I would love to go to the preview event!  Thanks!

ffxgirl1 wrote:

I have not gotten an email about this and I am  a VIB.  Could you check into this and make sure I receive the email? I would love to go to the preview event!  Thanks!

If you still haven't received the VIB email, you can find and print it here > http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/2012-Chic-Week-Promotion-VIB-Event-Invite-Thursday-March-29th/m-...

Happy shopping! Smiley Very Happy

XO,
Olivia

@Ffxgirl1 VIB emails will be sent out today, so keep an eye out!

@Mtiny It will be at all of our free standing stores.  I recommend contacting your store directly for more information on what they will have available for the preview party.

I still did not get my email yet & I have to borrow my friend's coupon to shop at Sephora today.  I need to go back this weekend to get a few more items.  How do I get the coupon?  Thanks.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing