Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Ingredient Sticklers

natural cleanser for sensitive skin prone to break-outs

Looking for a cleanser that really does the job. Sensitive skin, prone to break-outs so a natural salicylic or other active ingredients that removes dirt & make-up and doesn't leave an oily residue would be great! Any recommendations? Been looking at Boscia, Jurlique, etc. and reading the reviews...none seem to stand out as clear winners. Help would be much appreciated!

RE: natural cleanser for sensitive skin prone to break-outs

I really enjoy and see change in a beneficial way dual cleansing with Tatcha camellia cleansing oil and rice enzyme powder. Good luck finding your perfect products!! 🎈

I second Youth To the People, but I also recommend the Skin Laundry Gentle Foamimg Cleanser!! Both of them deep clean without drying!

Tatcha one-step camellia cleansing oil!

Tatcha one-step camellia cleansing oil!

Re: natural cleanser for sensitive skin prone to break-outs

Micellar water has calmed my skin a lot. It is so gentle. You don't have to do anything else to your skin because it does it all!

rosieroseg wrote:

Looking for a cleanser that really does the job. Sensitive skin, prone to break-outs so a natural salicylic or other active ingredients that removes dirt & make-up and doesn't leave an oily residue would be great! Any recommendations? Been looking at Boscia, Jurlique, etc. and reading the reviews...none seem to stand out as clear winners. Help would be much appreciated!

Youth for the People's Kale, Green Tea & Spinach Cleasner is amazing. Make my skin clean without drying it out

Re: RE: natural cleanser for sensitive skin prone to break-outs

Hugely seconding this! My skin decided to get super-sensitive this year, and the Youth to the People cleanser has been a godsend (no reactions, doesn't dry me out, gets my sunscreen off). 

Biggest fan of Korres Greek Yoghurt Cleanser! The face wash has a good bacteria in it so makes it harder for bad bacteria to live in. My skin never feels dry and my favorite part is I'm never oily or dry after I use it. It's perfect oh and it's 28$

Hey honey Is a line I discovered on you tube and it has an excellent line of masks like boscia, serums, if your not allergic to honey it's mid way priced but may be something you'd like to look into made from honey-cruelty free and minimal ingredients- I love the peel of mask not to drying a little goes along way and I feel does wonders as far as dry and peel masks go hope this helps

I have the perfect cleanser for you...problem is Sephora...

I have the perfect cleanser for you...problem is Sephora doesn't carry the line. I feel like it is still worth mentioning because it is an excellent cleanser that is very much respected in the IG skincare community! iS Clinical Cleansing Complex is a medical grade skincare brand, the cleanser is a lightweight gel with plant extracts that contain salicylic acid. It also has anti irrritant ingredients so it is extremely gentle. It is a low pH cleanser so it is very helpful for acne prone skin. I agree with one of the other replies about double cleansing. Recently I have been using Biossance Squalane + Antioxidants Cleansing Oil to remove makeup, spf, and dirt, and it is a really great oil cleanser! A little goes a really long way! Hope this is helpful!

Re: natural cleanser for sensitive skin prone to break-outs

Use the line: Belif

Perfect for sensitive skin

I have super sensitive dry skin. I use caudalie cleansing oil followed by Jurlique soothing cleanser. I then use the redness rescue serum and moisturizer from Jurlique. My skin is so much calmer with this routine. If I start to get zits I use caudalie instant detox max. All amazing products!

I have been using Perricone's glycolic acid bar for about...

I have been using Perricone's glycolic acid bar for about six months.  It gently exfoliates and has not irritated my skin at all.  If you read the reviews you might see a few people who complain about the size of it, but if you don't leave it in the shower and let it dry after using, it will last for a long time. 

Hi do you use makeup? Because if you do, id like to tell...

Hi do you use makeup? Because if you do, id like to tell you about asias famous double cleansing method. At night you first use an oil based cleanser such as cleansing oil, cleansing cream or cleansing lotion. Massage to dry face using dry hands. Then follow up with gentle foaming cleanser. I suggest foaming gel or foam from a pump as these contain less foaming agents so less harsh chemicals. Foaming cleansers in the form of toothpaste are too harsh stripping away too much oil. This double cleansing makes sense because chemically there are two types of dirt: oil dirt like greasy makeup and water dirt like sweat and pillow dust. Trying to use a too harsh foaming cleanser for oily makeup doesn't make sense. It's not the same chemical make up even if the package says removes makeup and dirt etc. Boscia has 2 foaming gel cleansers that are great. Amore pacific is also good. Its not listed as all natural type but their main ingredients are bamboo sap, ginseng and green tea. Youll notice it's not typical for an Asian brand skincare to use harsh chemicals like glycolic acid,etc. It's more about gentle cleansing using the correct methods and nourishing the skin. Never attacking it with harsh ingredients because in the long run it weakens skin.

I have some of the same skin issues as you do and I love...

I have some of the same skin issues as you do and I love Ren's ClearCalm line. Their ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Clay Cleanser is literally the only thing that really keeps my face clear that doesn't irritate it. I also use ClearCalm 3 Anti-Blemish Day Fluid. Hope this helps.

I second the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, especiall...

I second the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, especially for sensitive skin. However, I also love the Boscia cleanser (felt like my skin was squeakier-clean with it, if that makes sense). I have dry skin, so I opt for the foaming cleanser because it doesn't feel as drying.

I'm usually a huge Fresh fan, but I don't like the Soy Face Cleanser. It does nothing for eye makeup, despite the claims and my face didn't really feel clean.

Re: I second the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, especiall...

I have wicked sensitive skin found the Caudalie instan foam cleanser to be irritating. My face would burn, special on my cheeks. I also started to get a big red bump on my check which later swelled up a little bite. This was during the 3rd or 4th wash. I don't understand what happened. It's suppose to be really gentle.
I found the foam cleanser to be ineffective. It just didn't feel that clean to me and caused some dry spots as well.

I wish that I had seen your question sooner, but I hope I...

I wish that I had seen your question sooner, but I hope I can still help.  I have acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin and my favorite brand of natural cleanser is Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser which has a soft, pleasant smell and really gets that deep down, dirt, makeup and bacteria out of your pores.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12978&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

I agree with madd44 - you may not react well to what work...

I agree with madd44 - you may not react well to what works for others. bearing this in mind, I also agree with TallRed that the Soy Face Cleanser is the best cleanser in Sephora!!! I don't suffer from breakouts at all, and the change in the tone of my skin was amazing! Of the two lines you mentioned, I have seen the most success from Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser.

You could also try Ole Henriksen African Red Tea (ART) foaming cleanser. It uses pumpkin enzyme to gently exfoliate the surface of the skin, keeping pores from clogging and revealing brighter complexion. It's pumps out as a foam, so no drying foaming agents, and it's Natural Smiley Happy It's also a Natural Beatuy Award winner Smiley Happy Hope this helps!

Everyone's skin is different, so what works for me, might...

Everyone's skin is different, so what works for me, might not necessarily work for you.  I've had acne for about 6 years now, and I'm finally starting to see an improvement.  I've tried literally every drugstore brand out there, to no avail.  So I finally decided that I'd had enough!  I did a lot of research about different skin care lines and decided to go with Kate Somerville.  I've seen a big improvement!  I still have a few pimples here and there, and I always break out right before my cycle, but other than that, my face is clear!  I think the most important thing is to find a regimen that works for you.  I might use Kate Somerville, and your friend might use Philosophy, but that doesn't mean that either line will work for you.  Try to go into a Sephora store and ask for some samples before you commit to purchasing a product you're not sure of.  Best of luck Smiley Happy

I have acne prone skin and used to think I needed a medic...

I have acne prone skin and used to think I needed a medicated cleanser, until I started using Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. It's pricey but a little goes a long way and my skin has never looked better. Start with the smaller $15 size and if you find that you really do need a medicated cleanser, Boscia products (cleanser and willow bark acne treatment) were my go-to prior to Fresh and they also were great (and gentle) on my skin.

20 Replies
Conversation Stats