cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

exfoliate

I am looking for a good facial exfoliate for my super dry and flaky skin. I also have rosacea so nothing that will make me flare up or leave a residue on the skin. I've tried almost everything. I have tried First Aid beauty products and recently was recommended the AmorePacific and that just is not doing the trick. My skin feels amazing after using it in conjunction with the laneige water cream. After about 3 hours my skin starts to flake in the nose area and it's so embarrassing sometimes.

RE: exfoliate

First off I’ll describe my skin. I have redness issues which I think are bits of rosacea trying to ruin my life and I also have combo skin with those dry flaky patches that just love to mess with makeup. Anyhoo, here’s what I use: -Avene Antirougers cleansing lotion using Clarisonic with radiance brush -Clarins chamomile toner (AM) -The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + hyaluronic acid (PM) -Skinceuticals CE Ferulic -Skinceuticals B5 + hyaluronic acid hydrator -La Roche Posay (chemical) sunscreen (AM) -First Aid Beauty Ultra repair -Avene thermal spring water spray for extra hydration -Drink lots and lots of water -Humidifier next to bed I have every intention of using a face oil at night I just haven’t chosen one for my skin. Every now and then when the dry flakes creep up despite my best efforts I’ll use a facial peeling exfoliator by Nubi skin but there are cheaper dupes that do the same thing. If there’s ones thing I recommend splurging on, it’s the skinceuticals B5 hydrator. I’ve never had a B5 gel quite as amazing and I’ve tried numerous including Drunk Elephant which burned my skin. Happy skin to you 🙂

Re: exfoliate

@conniemayme I love BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facialbecause it swipes the dead skin away but feels buttery smooth and moisturizing at the same time. I honestly can't even remember what I used before I found it, it's unfortunately pretty expensive though. I don't have any experience with rosacea, so I don't know if it would be a good fit, but KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatmentalso does a quick job of getting rid of dead skin, but it's a little harsh. The Tatcha Rice polish recommended by @SportyGirly125 and @ather is also a fantastic choice for a physical exfoliant.

You also might want to look at the moisturizer you're using. Origins High-Potency Night-a-Mins™ Resurfacing Cream with Fruit-Derived AHAs 1.7 oz/ 50 mLgently exfoliates and gives lots of moisture for an overnight cream

@Brutalitops  I need to try BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facial

i have heard good things about the brand just never tried it yet! 

@ather  I got it with my $100 Rouge reward because I figured I'd splurge with the gift card... but now I have yet another expensive product in my line up I'm going to have to replace because I can't live without 🙄😅 I seem to be getting more and more from them lately, I also really love the BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Tea Tree Detox MaskI definitely recommend their stuff if you're thinking about it!

@Brutalitops  I usually use Caudalie instant detox and purifying mask. How does it compare? 

@conniemayme You could try Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

or TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder (on Tatcha’s site they even have a extra gentle one)

@conniemayme  I really like TARTE - FRXXXTION Stick Exfoliating Cleanser

and TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder

i have very dry sensitive skin and I haven’t noticed any flaking. When my skin is extra dry I like to use DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer

it really helps. In the morning my skin is nice and moisturized 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing