Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
Anonymous Insider

Zinc allergy

I am probably the only person in the world allergic to zinc, but it was confirmed with an allergist. My skin is super sensitive (rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis) to begin with, and zinc is a great friend to that... unless you're allergic. I've had lots of trouble finding skin care/foundation that doesn't just peel off my skin. Any suggestions?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Zinc allergy

Thanks for all of the input! I made a list from your recommendations. Hoping to find something that looks good for more than 5 seconds and evens out all of the redness.

@Anonymous La Roche Posay and Avene are both made with limited ingredients , no irritants, and entire brand is for sensitive skin. Foundation, physicians formula, IT Cosmetics- some products do have a scent, even though founder has rosacea.

@TrysBeautyItems Ooh thanks for the Avene recc. @Anonymous Yeah, I have mild rosacea, and my skin did not tolerate the IT Cosmetics CC cream due to the citrus oils. Ideally go fragrance-free and essential oil-free.

IT is a hit or miss for me as well. Confidence in a cream didn't agree with me, hypersensitive skin, but I can use bye bye redness.

Avene is French as well, so products do vary depending on country.

RE: Zinc allergy

Korres is a perfect brand for you in skincare.

Drunk Elephant products are really good about listing every ingredient they use in each product as well as listing what they don't use in every product. As for foundation maybe milks "blur liquid matte", nyx "total control drop foundation", or the IT cosmetics "your skin but better cc cream"

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing