Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

What is your favorite nail polish?

I do my nails at home a lot. I buy nail polishes from Sephora or the drug store. However I know a lot of nail polish ingredients were banned in other countries. I'd really like to know what's soaking and sitting on my nail bed. Do you ladies have a favorite polish that is formulated without the scary chemicals?

Nails Inc. Amazing. Not a large color selection, but stil...

Nails Inc. Amazing. Not a large color selection, but still the best I have used.

RE: What is your favorite nail polish?

Lauren B beauty polishes are AMAZING. Only ever need to apply one or two coats, plus all ingredients are non toxic and eco friendly!

Kokie!! 7 free and affordable! It lasts forever too. Two layers and a top coat and I can go over a week with no touch ups (as long as I do a good job the first time!). Check them out. I’m obsessed right now. Great diversity of colors too.

You NEED to try the Colourpop nail polish! I believe it's...

You NEED to try the Colourpop nail polish! I believe it's 7-free and for real... I've been wearing I Wand It That Way for a week and a half and no chips!! By far the best $3 I've ever spent.

Opi and Morgan taylor.

Re: What is your favorite nail polish?

I like Zoya and côte!

côte has no formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, camphor, formaldehyde resin, TPHP, xylene, ethyl tosylamide, parabens or gluten.

Anonymous Insider

Opi

My favorite is Julep (only occasionally do I see it sold at Sephora). Their polishes (and eyeshadows) have worked great for me. They're 5-free, vegan, and cruelty-free. Plus they have great sales, the company does quite a bit of donations/charity work with women's shelters, and the brand touts an extremely body-positive campaign.

Anonymous Insider

I've been using Julep polishes for years! I love their beauty products too, which haven't been around for quite as long. The nail polishes are great overall, but definitely check the reviews on their site for each color you're thinking about buying because some of their formulations are just terrible (goopy, uneven, hard to apply). There's also a great website for comparing all of the Julep colors side-by-side (julep.ariaevans.org), since they re-make most colors with a slightly different tinge every year or two. 

whaaaaaaaat that website is so cool, thanks for sharing!

KL Polish is 5-free. It is the brand from Kathleen Lights, a YouTube beauty influencer with her own new line. The colors are awesome and actually last a long time. They are not sold at Sephora, but they took away their in-house brand, which was bomb, so I had to move on.

Treat and Butter London brands are good. Butter London re...

Treat and Butter London brands are good. Butter London really needs the base and top coat to last.

Mischo Beauty! It was started by a woman with a degree in chemistry and has been written about in Allure, Vogue, And Refinery 29 to name a few. It's 9 free, cruelty free, and made in the USA. It's a little on the pricey-er side ($17 a bottle) but I've have mine for years and they haven't gotten dry. They're very high quality.

Re: RE: What is your favorite nail polish?

Prices aren't as bad as Chanel, or other high-end polishes. 

The colors on her site look fantastic! Thanks for the link!

I like 100 Percent Pure, Pacifica, and Deborah Lippmann brands (all not at Sephora). Julep is sold at Sephora, but I didn't care for it. Watery, lacked pigment.

Anonymous Insider

2nd Deborah Lippmann polishes!

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
testing