Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Vegan/Cruelty Free

Is anyone else, hoping that Sephora gets with the times and finally adds vegan and cruelty-free as options to search by?

Re: RE: Vegan/Cruelty Free

I'm in too. Throwing out the last of the Smashbox and Urban Decay. Thank you for the link. Very helpful.

Re: Vegan/Cruelty Free

Agreed, it's about time browsing by ''vegan'' and ''cruelty free'' becomes options on this site... 

They probably put it aside so far because the definition of cruelty free is sometimes difficult. For example, would all these brands testing on Chinese soil be labelled cruelty free because 'here' they are cruelty free? Or should cruelty free only apply to the leaping bunny and the likes certifications leaving aside other cruelty free brands that did not apply for those certifications? Do the big testing companies have agreements with Sephora to sell their products here under condition that those search features don't get developed (costing them lost revenue)? All interesting questions - for which Sephora needs to have answers and develop those search features! 

I agree and since Sephora isn't cruelty free they are probably less inclined to add those search features. It would be nice if there was a Sephora/Ulta type site that only offers cruelty free. 

Petit Vour is a great site for that - they offer a subscription box as well.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely look into the subscription box!

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I would love that!

Anonymous Insider

Yes! I would love to have these options! My only issue would be to what degree of cruelty free would they have search parameters for? There are some brands I use which are cruelty free, but their parent company is not. Sometimes people's definitions of cruelty free vary so I'd be curious with what route they went for the sectioning of brands.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing