Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Silicone free mineral spf

Hi! I've been looking for a sunscreen that's mineral but doesn't have any silicones in it as I'm uncomfortable with using products that contains them if anyone has any suggestions that would be most appreciated thank you.

RE: Silicone free mineral spf

I recently discovered Hynt Beauty’s SUN PREP Broad Spectrum SPF25, and it is a GAME CHANGER! It goes on super smoothly and does not leave a white cast. It’s a mineral sunscreen that is vegan, PETA approved, gluten-free, and non-comedogenic. Free from parabens, nano-particles, bismuth oxychloride, talc, silicones, mineral oil, GMOs, artificial fragrance, artificial preservatives, FD&C dyes, carmine, and phthalates. https://hyntbeauty.com/product/sun-prep-broad-spectrum-spf25/

Re: Silicone free mineral spf

Splurge: Kypris Heliotropic ($75/30ml)

Save: Kinship Self-Reflect Probiotic Moisturizing Sunscreen ($25/50ml)

Anonymous Insider

I have been using MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid SPF 50. They have no tint, or tinted. If I don’t use my C&E product that contains dimethicone, I don’t have piling. If I forget, and grab that one by mistake, let the piling begin!! I can usually knock the little balls off with a finishing powder though.

I’ve been on the same hunt as you as most sunscreens are loaded with dimethicone/silicones and I don’t think they are good for our skin. One I’m trying right now is the Coola brand sun silk drops, so far I really like it. It’s only SPF 30 but for the winter that’s ok for me. They have a whole line and some that are SOF 50!!

Silicone free mineral spf

@rosesunny I've been using MyChelle Sun Shield Unscented SPF 28 - a thicker cream that goes on matte. ~$10 on Amazon. Feels similar to Supergoop! Hand Cream with Sea Buckthorn (chemical SPF).
Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Silicone free mineral spf

The Drunk Elephant you’re talking about has Triethoxycaprylylsilane. That IS silicone! I’m looking for a silicone free mineral spf also. It’s hard!!

My personal favorite is from Pratima. Also try Attitude, Juice Beauty and Drunk Elephant. They are all mineral sunscreen without silicone.

Hi, is it the texture of the silicone that you don't like? If so, perhaps you might like the Avene Mineral Ultra Light SPF50 sunscreen? It does have silicone but it doesn't leave that primer/slick feeling. 

@rosesunny They’re not very cosmetically elegant, but the sunscreens from badger might work for you. I like them when I’m going to be outside for a while, like when doing yard work.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing