Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Peanut allergies and makeup

I recently found out that my toddler has a severe peanut allergy.  I own a lot of makeup and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if any specific brands (high end or drugstore) are peanut free or at the very least safe to use or keep in his presence.

Re: Peanut allergies and makeup

BeautyCounter is a peanut and nut free brand. They actually test out their products specifically for peanut allergens so I highly suggest ordering from that list. There is also a list of brands that are good for peanut allergies (https://www.nopeanutfoods.com/amp/are-peanuts-in-your-makeup-skincare-or-toothpaste) however be careful for legumes as peanuts are apart of that family and are contained in a lot of brands as well. It is a good idea to email the brand and ask but specify peanuts and legumes as you want to prevent anything that can cause a reaction. 

Re: Peanut allergies and makeup

@Chick14 I'm not sure of specific brands but ingredients like arachis oil is peanut-derived. You can contact the companies directly to ask if they're peanut-free and aren't manufactured in the same area as peanuts.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing