Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Okay if pregnant?!

I’m wondering what acids in Skincare are the ones to stay away from...anything other than salicylic? What other ingredients should an expectant mother stay away from?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Okay if pregnant?!

@Anonymous  @Colorfreak7 Sunscreen is safe to use.  Stay away from Retinoids, salicylic acid, red dye 40, deoderant with aluminum.

Also make sure shampoo and conditioner or skincare and moisturizers are paraben and sulfate free. 

I stayed away from all these things and have a healthy toddler.

If you really don't know if you can use it always ask your OB-GYN.

Stay away from Retinoids.. I had to stop using Retin-A.  The obvious ones as well.. parabens, extra chemicals etc.  There are some essential oils that you should stay away from as well.  With many EO's it depends on the delivery and amount.  I know its hard but try not to worry too much while being mindful at the same time.  I went a little overboard and became stressed about everything I used lol

RE: Okay if pregnant?!

@Colorfreak7 congrats 🙂 my husband and I are currently ttc and I’ve been trying to transition my skincare now. I’ve found the environmental working group’s skin deep guide to be really helpful. You can look up products on their site and ingredients to see risks and ratings for each- the products list is hit or miss but ingredients list is 👍🏼. I’ve decided to steer away from oxybenzone, octinoxate, and retinol/retinoids. Curious about people’s recommendation to avoid strong AHA/BHAs? will be looking into that and the salicylic acid more, thanks for sharing 🙂

Hi gorgeous! Some brands to look at are: Tatcha, Josie Maran, Clarins and Fresh. I would stay away of high concentrations of AHA, BHA and certainly no Retinols (at no concentration). Always share with your doctors the products you’re using so he/she can be aware. 💁🏼‍♀️

Definitely Avoid retinols/retinoids and BHA’s @Colorfreak7. You can always talk to your doctor for clarification.

when I was pregnant I avoided Hydroxy Acids and stuck with basic and gentle items. The Josie Maran line is super safe, gentle and effective if you need a starting point. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My sister recently announced she’s pregnant and she was also looking for what ingredients to stay away from, I did some research and found that Edible Beauty was originally developed for pregnant woman. Not sure if this helps. My sister loves the products.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing