Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

I have multiple allergies. when Biologe changed there formula. I couldn't use it anymore. I haven't found a replacement yet, that I'm not having a reaction to. I'm allergic to; soy, bamboo, palm kernel oil, lavender, sulfates, & sulfer, aloe, phospate, sensitive to synthetic fragrances. natural essential oil is usually fine. if it's a light sent. LES & SLES, I think is sulfate or sulfer? idk. I know it's a lot! Hence, my problem. I have vascular migraines with aura, and seizures. my allergens can act up both. please help!

RE: Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

Verb! I got their Hydrate kit for myself and the Ghost kit for my MIL who has colour-treated hair. No bad ingredients to my knowledge and the ghost oil is an absolute dream for heat protection. My hair is super silky and scalp is clear from oil and buildup! Plus their philosophy is quality ingredients at affordable pricing

RE: Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

Check out Briogeo! I love their Rosarco line, but they also have a Be Gentle line that you may like! I hope you find something that works for you :).

Re: Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

Hi there! I have a ton of allergies and sensitivities too. I recently started using Playa's shampoo and conditioner. It has the Clean at Sephora symbol so I decided to try it. Gently cleanses and my hair feels healthy. The conditioner self-adjusts based on what your hair needs -- I was skeptical but it really works. I used it as a quick condition then left it in longer as a mask, and my hair has never felt softer. PLAYA - Every Day Shampoo PLAYA - Supernatural Conditioner 

Re: Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

Yes! Totally agreed. Everything from @PlayaBeauty is magical. Their products make your hair so soft and they don't use any sketchy ingredients that you wouldn't want on or in your body! 

Innersense might have something that meets your needs.

I have very similar issues. I recommend "Free & Clear" brand shampoo and conditioner. It is sold at some drugstores and online stores. It is very gentle and hypoallergenic. The conditioner could be a bit more moisturizing, but it is great for sensitive/allergic scalps. No irritation whatsoever. It is not as expensive as Biolage products so that is also a plus. Good luck!

Thank you for your suggestion. I haven't seen any free & clear. I will look for some. I had found some of those kind of products to bathe with, but they were not as free and clear as stated. They all had at least w or more of my allergens in them. 

I got samples of Free & Clear from the Dermatologist -- it left my hair so tangled I could not get a comb through without adding other products (which caused itching).  See if you can get a free trial before spending.  I have had decent luck with Seed Phytonutrients for both cleaning and reduction of irritation.

My favourite clean brand is living proof. It’s the only silicone free shampoo and conditioner I have ever found that I really like. It doesn’t dry out my hair or cause damage. It’s really difficult to find a brand that actually helps. There is a 250 point sample available right now so you can try it.

Re: RE: Need Help finding a shampoo & conditioner, that I'm not allergic to. can anyone help?

I did get a sample of living proof in one of my boxes. Idk why! But I did have a reaction to it as well with others I've tried. I have found I cannot have anything with soy, sulfates, paraben, aloe, lavender, vitimen E, almomd oil, or Bamboo! My immune system is over reacting to an allergic reaction I had, testing my immune system. Consequently, it was a pneumonia 23 shot, used to do the test. So my system is now cray cray! Lol.. I am now out of shampoo. When I'm not using #Don't despair repair conditioner. Also #Moroccanoil Treatment. I'm using #Briogeo Rosarco Milk reparative leave in conditioning spray. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing