Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Natural or Organic Brands at Sephora

Hello, I just joined the online forums but I've been shopping at Sephora for a few years now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows more of the natural or organic brands of make-up carried at Sephora as well as skin care. I'm aware that Tarte, Cover FX, and Urban Decay are some of the brands which are the more on the natural side with the least chemicals, at least without talc, and parabens. I'm just wondering if there is anymore as well as some skincare brands. These are things that I would use on an everyday basis. I don't mind using some of the other brands if I really need a solid makeup look but for everyday use I prefer to go natural or organic. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Natural or Organic Brands at Sephora

I

allikitten wrote:

Hello, I just joined the online forums but I've been shopping at Sephora for a few years now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows more of the natural or organic brands of make-up carried at Sephora as well as skin care. I'm aware that Tarte, Cover FX, and Urban Decay are some of the brands which are the more on the natural side with the least chemicals, at least without talc, and parabens. I'm just wondering if there is anymore as well as some skincare brands. These are things that I would use on an everyday basis. I don't mind using some of the other brands if I really need a solid makeup look but for everyday use I prefer to go natural or organic. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

allikitten wrote:

follow a few bloggers that use natural , organic and even vegan products. Sephora so far has Becca, Josie Maran, RMS beauty, ILIA, AXIOLOGY, BITE Beauty etc.

go on crueltyfreekitty.com to know what;s vegan and cruelty free.

Rms and axiology 

RE: Natural or Organic Brands at Sephora

Be careful with some of these recommendations if you're looking for ALL natural skin care. First Aid Beauty uses synthetics, Josie Maran uses synthetics in non-oil products, and Youth to the People uses a couple of chemicals and a carcinogen. That doesn't mean all of the ingredients are bad, per se, but if you are sensitive to chemicals or synthetics, they might not be the best options. Try Herbivore or Tata Harper for real, all natural skincare. If your skin isn't sensitive to synthetics, then some of the previous brands could work for you. I just know my prissy sensitive skin can (and has) broken out from some of the previously mentioned brands, so I wanted to offer some clarification!

Youth to the people has the best natural, clean face wash I've ever used! The moisturizer is fantastic as well!

I like Josie Maran except too many of their products are...

I like Josie Maran except too many of their products are scented. I have a sister with multiple chemical sensitivity and can't wear anything scented when I see her.

Tata Harper is a great organic brand but it's the Dior of organic skincare $$$ 

Hi! I would suggest Josie Maran. Especially for skincare. They use organic argan oil in all of their products as well as other organic and natural ingredients.

Hi @allikitten!

Sephora just added some news brands in that department. You might like to check out lilah b, Antonym and Axiology. There's also Ilia, rms beauty and Bite Beauty to name a few.

There is also a great thread to discuss natural skincare:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Ingredient-Sticklers/NATURAL-SKINCARE-TALK/m-p/2777316#M18

Hope this helps!

Thanks veronika23, I've checked out Antonym and one of the associates recommended Bite to me too. I've yet to check out the other brands you suggested. Thank You.

@allikitten  you are welcome! I am more familiar with Bite and do like their lipsticks. There is a thread dedicated to Bite as well if you want to read up on what people have to say: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/Upcoming-BITE-Beauty-Releases/m-p/2025165#M23446

you could have an amazing skincare and makeup routine even if you used exclusively all-natural products! for deodorant i hear lavanila is the best natural one, though i found the scent a bit too musky for my liking. but give it a try! they also make body butters, body washes and scrubs, body oil, and i think sunscreen too.

korres (i just bought a body wash by them at tj maxx and i'm iiiin love) and josie maran are good options too. i heard really good things about a newer brand sephora has called youth to the people, and everyone i know who's tried rms beauty loves it (haven't tried anything myself yet though).

if you include lipcare in your skincare, bite beauty has their everyday agave line with lip masks, balms, and scrubs. plus it's all food grade (at least their lipsticks are and i'm like 90% their lipcare is too). in any case, everything in their entire line is awesome--one of my favorite makeup brands of all time. i also love supergoop--especially because north american sunscreen lines have been absolutely awful for forever but supergoop has come in pretty recently to save the day. and i think first aid beauty is a natural line as well? i know at the very least theyre cruelty free but i'm not sure about the natural part.

if you shop at ulta or target i've recently fallen in love with a bunch of stuff from pacifica and sheamoisture that have become my hgs.

i think almost every brand i've listed at least dabbles in makeup as well so check those out too!

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm going to look into the brands you suggested and probably try some of them out when I get a chance 🙂

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing