Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

That mask brush is beautiful @veronika23, and I’ve been wanting to try that petal mask. Thanks for sharing!

@eshoe  that's another great mask! I just don't like the scent as much because I don't really like florals but it's good. 🙂

Has anyone tried Mahalo’s Queen Emma? I’m debating whether I should buy it or not. I’ve had my eye on it since it’s been released, but the price is a shocker. I don’t mind investing in skincare that is worth it, though.

@guy91 I bought it last year during their BF sale and to be quite honest, it's nice but I don't think it's worth the price tag because I didn't find it anything special. 

I have often dehydrated skin (which is one of the types they specifically mention it targeting) and although it smells heavenly (like a tropical garden) I didn't find it made my skin plumped, glowy or youthful as claimed. I've much preferred some of the other green skincare oils I've tried from DeMamiel, Odacite and Vintner's Daughter over QE, unfortunately.

That’s super disappointing to hear, especially since it looks so good on paper. Might be a reason there aren’t many reviews online. Thanks for letting me know, though. 

@guy91 agree, it was very disappointing to me as well because as you said, it sounds amazing on paper.

I imagine the lack of reviews also has to do with its high price point and limited availability but the one upside for me was that at least I was able to try it during their sale rather than paying full price. Even with those savings, I still don't think it was worth the nearly $300CDN (discounted price) given that regularly Vintners Daughter is about the same as QE's discounted price and I get both quick and cumulative results from it.

Has anyone tried Odacite's All Embracing serum yet? How do you like it?

RE: Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

This provides the skin natural enzymes containing watermelon seed oil hibiscus and colloidal oatmeal. This gives the skin much more hydration and absorbs easily. For all skin types but It contains a lot of fragrance so it might cause irritation for sensitive skin types. This product is pricey but will definitely see improvement in dry skin over time. You can also use it as a topical treatment targeting most dry areas of the face. Hydrating serums are the best, keeps your face feeling fresh throughout the day and evening. I Recommend this product!

I've been using it last three days ( overnight ), and I like it so far. It really is hydrating. Many products promise hydration, but do absolutely nothing for my skin ( which is normal-dry, mostly dry ). This serum is really nicely hydrating. Even when I used it alone the first night ( as I always do with new stuff ), I didn't wake up to dried out and parched skin as it's usually the case when I use something so light on its own. That was pretty amazing right there. The serum feels quite soothing, too. It evens out my skin tone, which I always appreciate in a product. It also mixes well with my moisturizer, and they do wonders together. It's light, and non greasy. Yeah, I really like it so far. 

@Magrathea @veronika23

Thanks for the tag @lyravega! I haven't even heard of that one. Gotta take a look. Trying to keep my buying to a minimum although I did get some stuff during the sale and need that new product from Mahalo! 😄 

@veronika23 I know you have skin similar to mine, and you always look for new hydrating products to try ( or is it sorta kinda past tense (for)now? 😛 ). So I thought of you. 

I am hoping for a sample of that new Mahalo product. Hopefully someone will have it. 

@lyravegayes definitely like to try new hydrating products! It's definitely going on my list to buy... but when, I'm not sure. Oh that would be nice! I probably will just jump in and get it... although I wonder what it smells like... that might be the only problem.

Then you'll have to tell me all about it, @veronika23 !

I will when I can get my hands on it. 🙂 Thinking a sample might be best if I can get that first... but with the postal strike... I don't know if that's a good idea atm. @lyravega

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

New product from DeMamiel - pressed serum

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

@Mochapj  have you tried this? Do you know where it's available in Canada? Thx!

@veronika23 I ordered one from Cult Beauty as soon as it was released but with the mail strike I haven't received it yet.

In speaking to DeMamiel a few months ago, I was told they don't currently have any Canadian stockists, nor any plans to engage any.

Thanks @Mochapj! Sorry it got stuck due to the strike. 😞 Thanks for the info on the stockists.

@veronika23 by some strange twist of fate it arrived today, finally. 

I'll come back with some thoughts after I've used it for a bit, but in opening it up and looking at it, smelling it and touching it, it has the same scent and consistency as May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon, just in a smaller jar. It's not quite the jelly texture I was expecting it to be, but more of a solid balm.

I'm glad it finally arrived @Mochapj! Is the scent just as strong? Hope you like it and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! 🙂

@veronika23 yeah, it is just as potent smelling as Blue Cocoon. I was actually quite taken aback when I opened it because the similarity in scent and texture is so strong between them.

931 Replies
testing