Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Aww, just keep stalking the site @Llgc the samples will reappear soon. I didn't wait for restock because I chose the local pickup and wanted them ready by the time I was planning to pick the orders.

Some nice samples there! Hope you'll love them 🙂

I'm excited to try these @veronika23

So. much. good. stuff. in one photo! 🙂 I hope you will enjoy your Mahalo goodies, @fatimamummy !

I hope so too and maybe not. Lol because if I like them, then I have to buy them as well 😂

ooh! Those look like they might be bigger samples than what Detox Market included, too! I'd love to hear what you think of all those!

@Magycmyste Sizes of samples are mostly generous. Only indigo Balm is kind of stingy sample size but I think 2 samples will atleast give me a sense of the product. I'll sure let you know once I get around using these samples.

We all have those moments when we are so taken by something... Product/s, routine, particular ritual, new/old trick/s, outlook on doing things.... finding new things? Experimenting with stuff? Anything....

So, what are you currently "obsessing" over? 

I am trying very hard to concentrate on products I have ( as I have everything I need and love. And, then some! ), and not to pay attention to anything new. Easier said than done... ( For whatever crazy reason, I always wanna try moar! Always looking for the next best thing. Well, no moar! At least for a while... 😛 ) But, I am doing pretty good. I have so many lovely products, and they need my full attention and love. So, I am currently obsessed with putting all my lovelies to maximum use, and ignoring anything and everything else. Not sure how will that go... But, I am trying.

Other than that, I will say it again ( for the gazzilionth time 😄 ), I am really and totally obsessed with Consonant HydrExtreme! What an absolutely amazing stuff for my dry skin! Thanks, @veronika23 , for bringing it to my attention and supplying me with samples! Of course I got me a full size bottle of it right away! 🙂

Uma Oils! I have been loving both the Clarifying and Beauty boost day oil.  the beauty boosting oil is my favorite day oil by far and I'm really enjoying seeing how my skin loves the clarifying one. I'm a convert! 

hahaha I think I've said it a few times now... trying new products and masks! 😄  Definitely on a mask thing right now!

My big 'obsession' for this year was to thin out the contents of my skincare altar so that it only contained products I absolutely love, instead of ones I was meh about. 

5 months in I'd say I'm doing pretty well.  I only have 2-3 more products to work through, which I should finish some time in June.  I've also (for the most part) been mindful of not purchasing without trying a sample first, which has helped me not to accrue additional meh products.

Yes! This! So much this, @Mochapj !

Wanted to share my thoughts on spa brand Eminence Organics... I bought their "hot" Eight Greens Phyto Mask to battle the chin cysts that I get for no apparent reason (other than to blame hormones). I think it is targeted towards maturing skin and hormonal aging, but it does say it will help with hormonal acne as well. Apparently slapping plant hormones on your face is supposed to help battle hormonal acne. Not sure if that's true.

Regardless of whether it really helps my chin cysts or not (time will tell), I'm really enjoying this mask so far. It's this thick jiggly green gel with flakes of greens in it, you add a bit of water, apply on your face, and wash off after 10 minutes (I leave on for at least 30 minutes). The hot version has paprika to help with circulation and my face feels a bit warm (not uncomfortably so) while the mask is on...not sure if it's necessary but I do like the feeling as soon as the stinging in my eyes stop after the first 2 minutes. There is a non-hot version that purchases of the hot version don't seem to enjoy as much. It's probably better for those with sensitive skin or eyes, though.

After washing off, my face has an ethereal glow and looks visibly softer. No adverse reaction after using for 4-5 times.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the mask! That's my obsession lately lol. 😄  I have a few products from them to try so can't wait to know if they'll work for me.

Ohh, exciting! What products do you have that you're waiting to try, V??

@k617  I have the Calm Skin Arnica Serum and the Couperose-C Serum.  I thought I had a 3rd and possibly a 4th product from them but would have to recheck my stuff again 😄

Just a heads up for anyone interested... Costco has Consonant HydrExtreme (1 oz) for $65 right now!

@lyravega Wow that is a crazy good price, wish the Canadian costco got deals like this. Even with the exchange rate it is a savings of apx $80 Cad.

Now I may need to figure out how to get my hands on this lol..I tried samples and liked it for my dry skin!

Just sharing my thoughts.  Actually, I'm relieved to have weeded out an expensive brand so I'm not tempted by it anymore!

I tried samples of May Lindstrom's Clean Dirt and the Jasmine Garden spray.

Clean Dirt, for some reason, is not as easy to use as Tatcha's Rice Powder.  It doesn't mix as well.  And, the scent!  So strongly of cloves.  The smell doesn't fade after rinsing my face either.  The Jasmine spray smelled like rotten fruit and jasmine.  That scent lingered also.  I added the Youth Dew because I already had that.  Together, I was not impressed at all with my skin.  My cheeks were dry and still red, my skin was dull, and did not feel smooth or seem hydrated.  I think the Youth Dew, being a golden color, might have added some yellowish tint to my skin. And did I mention it stunk? 

I'm glad for those who love it, but like I said, I'm happy I don't have to wonder any more about this brand.

@Ispend2much6 I was like that with May Lindstrom and Vintner's Daughter! I'm okay with dishing out dough when a product works, but I secretly breathe a sigh of relief when the uber expensive ones don't do enough. 

Thanks, @Llgc.  We think alike here!

931 Replies
testing