Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

CredoCredo

The Detox MarketThe Detox Market

I am a bit late, but... Odacite is celebrating their 10th birthday. I got $25 off $100 with HAPPY10 code. There was/is also $20 off with SUNSHINE code ( valid on orders $90+ ). I don't know if they are account related, but it's worth trying if interested. ( Both expire 06.30.19. )

They are also having 4th of July sale, 15% off everything with HAPPY4TH code.

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I love that Sephora finally got on the green beauty bus and now you can search for clean beauty products through their site.

DAF2951C-76D9-4526-9769-9C1B5FB162DA.jpeg

i am love.pngi am love 2.png

IMG_9065.jpgIMG_9064.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.57.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.58.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 9.58.21 PM.png

Update: Well, it seems Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream did the trick with my winter hands. I totally forgot I had it. Got it almost two years ago. At first it was working beautifully for me, but then some time later it turned on me. Started making my face red. I stopped and tried it again a couple of more times. But it was the same. So I forgot about it. Found it recently. It changed the color a bit, but it still smells good. Not rancid or off in any way. I wouldn't use it on my face, but tried it on my hands. And finally! They are drastically better after just a few uses! They were so much better after the very first time I used it overnight! Glad I got to use it in some way after all. 

I am also really liking Barefoot Venus Hand Repair  @veronika23 so kindly sent me when she learned I'm having problem with my winter hands. ( How sweet is that?! ) Only tried it twice, but I love, love, love how it feels! Love the consistency, too. It is thick and nourishing, but only a bit greasy when you first apply it. So I can use this during the day, too. Perfect! 

@lyravega  glad you found something to help your hands!!! Also glad you are liking that BFV cream. 🖤 I love the one called Maple Blondie... it's my go to. A lot of their scents are nice though.

@veronika23  Love the scent of this one! ( lavender )

Is this available in the US, as well...? I gotta check it out. It's really lovely. 

I don't know which stores would carry them but I'm 99% sure they ship to the US. Best to sign up for their emails for sales and stuff. @lyravega  🙂

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.36.00 PM.png

VALID FROM 6:00am PST on 1/23/19 through 11:59pm PST on 1/28/19.

Odacite overwhelms me.  I know what my skin needs, so under normal circumstances, I could probably narrow down my purchases to a vial or two; but with this brand there are just SO MANY OPTIONS that seem to overlap or find different ways to say the same thing.  And as a collector, I want all those intro kits.  I don't even know how to use these fluids.  They seem so small and I like to slather serums and oils on my face because it drinks them up immediately.

I remember @Mochapj a few months (years? lol) ago mentioning mixing a few drops with a moisturizer, I think.  Which ones to you like @lyravega ?  

Anyone else, feel free to chime in😄  For reference, I have dry skin, not prone to breakouts, fine lines on forehead and in laugh lines.  I've gotten hyper-pigmentation under control, but would be open to a more even skin-tone that is glowing and has a dewy finish.  

@tinobiscuits   Their serum concentrates are, well, concentrates, and you really don't have to slather half a bottle on your face. ( But I do understand the urge! 😄 ( I have dry skin, too. ) ) Two, three drops are enough. ( And those droppers are the best and most precise droppers ever! So you can be very precise with them, not overdoing anything, and preserving your oil/s. )

I usually mix 2-3 drops with my moisturizer ( and I just happen to absolutely love their Oleosomes Time Relesae cream. It is not enough for my skin on its own, but mixed or layered with oils, it's perfect! I just love what it does for my skin. ). Or I apply moisturizer first, and serum oils on top of it. They glide easily over that moisturizer. But, you can mix and layer with whatever moisturizer you like. It doesn't have to be the Odacite one. I tried it with many other face creams, and these worked beautifully with all of them.

Or, sometimes I do what Mocha does: mist my face, and then apply oil solo, directly to my skin. And then follow with whatever. When my skin is at its best ( the least dry, and pretty "normal" ), I can get away with using just oils alone, as needed ( But I can't use oils alone for longer than just a day or two or my skin will become dehydrated. I need to use both water and oil based stuff to keep it in balance. ), or oil-moisturizer mix. 

My fav, and a real deal HG actually, serum concentrate is Cell Energy ( Bl + J ). It does wonders for my skin and I don't ever wanna be without it! I also like Clogged Pores ( Jo + L ), which is for oily skin in their chart, but mixed with a moisturizer of your choice, you'd never tell. I love it for it's calming effect, and use it when my skin is fussy/red/irritated for whatever reason. And I like Youthful Glow ( Ac+R ). 

For my dry skin, especially during the winter, but I use it all year round as needed, I love Winter in Paris intense hydration serum. It really is super hydrating and wonderful just all around! Love it! But that one is from their Private Collection and, well, quite costly ( just FYI if you didn't know that already ). Well worth it to me, though. I also like An Autumn On The World and C for Colette from that collection. They are vitamin C serums. I don't use them at the same time. Usually I have one or the other on hand.

I am also liking this new hydrating serum ( All-Embracing Serum ), but I am still testing it. 

You can mix these ( mix 2-3 drops of different ones and apply all over your face ), or use them alone, any of them, all over the face or just where needed, by specific concern on your face. Like for example... Jo+L on and around your nose and chin, Bl+J on your cheeks and under your eyes, Winter in Paris where you need extra hydration... You get the picture? You can play around and mix and match and "tailor" them to your specific needs. 

They used to have free samples. Like, if you've never ordered from them before, you could get 3 free samples, and even shipping was free. At least that is how it used to be. I really have no idea if that is still a thing. After that, you could still get free samples, but you'd have to pay for shipping. But, when you order something, you get three free samples, too. 

Well, darn. I made it a novel! Hope I didn't overwhelm you even more. If anything, ask away! 

@lyravega Nope, you did not overwhelm me.  You know how you lean in really close when you're reading something super interesting?  I did that.  I could talk about beauty products all day!

I dug through my GWPs and found an Ac + R (Acai and Rose) sample. So I'm already on my way.

Some thoughts:

I think I'm going to order CaR (Wild Carrot), Pa+O (Passion Fruit and Orange), and the one you like, Bl+J, from their sampling program.  There's a Tired and Dull Discovery Set that is made up of blues and yellows and has a mini of the carrier moisturizer.  I kind of want to see how their system works with the moisturizer it's meant to play with, but it makes more sense to just start with the samples.

You know, my skin behaves the same way yours does when I only use oils for a while.

I like that their full-size droppers are precise.  I hope I don't make a mess with my sample potions.  I'll try to stick with 2-3 drops.  

I also like the idea of the serum version of multi-masking with these.

Okay!  I'm all set.  Thank you for taking time to help me out.  I really do appreciate it!!

@tinobiscuits  Well, good to know! And you are welcome! Hope you find something you like. 

@tinobiscuits They make a cream to mix the drops into that’s supposed to make it easier to apply but any cream would work fine. I personally don’t use the cream method; rather I spritz my face with a must and then press a few drops in with fingertips. Their products are quite concentrated so you don’t need much.

Lyra would probably be able to suggest dry skin stuff but here is their chart that might be useful. In terms of glowiness, I like their Clair de Lune serum best.F5F9643D-2185-4A37-8F0A-0ECFE69FEE44.png

@Mochapj Thank you so much.  I am a visual learner, so now that I see the bottles are color coded, I am most suited for purples, blues, and yellows.  I like the idea of the Wild Carrot.  I will resist buying all those kits now and maybe just buy some of the kits.  Fine.  One of the kits.  

And press, not slather.  Got it!  😄

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Mahalo is coming out with a new perfume for Valentine’s Day

testing