Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Oh! That is definitely good to know! Thank you! @Mochapj

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

New Mahalo product - Nov 18th

@lyravega@Mochapj

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.56.35 PM.png

Spoiler

NEW PRODUCT, a progressively-unique answer to pretty much all of your skins needs, including dehydration, inflammation and premature aging concerns!

Time for sneak previews! It’s been TWO years since we’ve added a new formula to our permanent collection. November 18 worldwide launch. 28 days and counting.

Follow link in our bio to join the waitlist!!! You will not want to miss this!

Benefits:

- deliver, and soak in moisture, condition, improve dermal function, repair damaged skin, and slow natural skin decline

- improve skin’s ability to retain moisture, protecting against transepidermal water loss - universally correct telltale signs of premature aging like discoloration, fine lines, wrinkles and dullness

- strengthen skin’s resistance to daily damage caused by environment, UV and free radicals

- support natural collagen and elastin synthesis at the source, to visibly firm, smooth, and moisturize

Xx,

Maryna

@veronika23 Sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it!

@lyravegame too! Although I shouldn't be buying anymore skin care products. 😄

New Mahalo product coming in November! I'll be buying that!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.20.31 AM.png

Here's what's written in the caption on IG

Spoiler
Taking skin care luxury to a whole new level!!!!💥 A sneak behind NEW PRODUCT - simply because I can no longer contain my excitement, and also because its actives are so so so incredibly luxurious!
⠀ ⠀
This here is a true alchemy of nature 🔮⚗️ this here is the alchemy of GOLD ✴️ Yes you read that correct, mesoparticles of 0.9999 pure gold is what will be the base of our coming soon product. Not water, or other cheep fillers, but gold, because you deserve this type of luxury!
⠀ ⠀
Used since ancient times in beauty rituals by Japanese geishas, and Egyptian royalty, gold has been revered for its ability to repair micro-damaged skin, boost circulation, calm inflammations, protect skin against premature aging, and prevent breakdown of collagen and elastin (loss of which cause wrinkles and loss of firmness).
⠀ ⠀
This new formula fuses state of the art ⚗️ science in natural beauty, and wisdom of the old schools of 🌿 herbal medicine. This product is all about HYDRATION 💦, skin repair and rejuvenation on a whole new level.
⠀ ⠀
If you love MAHALO products and appreciate the intricacies of our unique formulations, this product raises the standard by a mile.
⠀ ⠀
Stay tuned for updates 🤓, as I personally am getting waaaay ahead of myself with excitement and will be sharing more as this month unfolds.
⠀ ⠀
Coming 🗓 November 2018!
⠀ ⠀
With deep love and gratitude,
Maryna
⠀ ⠀
P.s. again, this color tho! 100% natural alchemy of gold. Insane magic, or what?!!!

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

New odacite serum

IMG_5650.jpg

OMG!!! You're back!!!! Missed you so much @lyravega!!!! 🖤🖤🖤

Image result for supernatural hug dean gif

image1.jpeg

I’m looking for a new eye cream with a focus on treating fine lines. I am allergic to almond oil and synthetic vitamin C , other than that I’m open to all suggestions either from Sephora or else where. Please share if you have any favourites. TA 😘

@fatimamummy , it is not for treating fine lines per se, but a lovely BTer recommended Consonant Hydrextreme to me as she loves and uses it under her eyes... and among other things it does, I absolutely love it for the fine lines I have around my eyes. It is so hydrating and lovely, it plumps my skin diminishing those lines so beautifully, it is amazing. It is very light, as well, which is nice for delicate eye area. It can be used as serum, booster, or on its own. I have dry-ish skin, so I like to apply it all over my face, and then I follow with my moisturizer or oils. Or both. But so many times, I don't even need anything else over it when I apply it under my eyes. If you still need something more concrete, you can layer it with this. Hope this helps. 

Thank you @Magrathea I ended up buying Murad resurgence renewing eye cream. I think I may have some samples of Hydrextreme somewhere so I’ll try it around eye area to see how it works for me 🙂

Mahalo

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 2.11.50 PM.png

Looks like a new brand called Naturally Serious has been added to Sephora. There aren't any products listed yet (looks like the true launch is 8/7) but their website has a list of the products they make:

https://www.naturallyseriousskin.com/?utm_source=paid%20search

Anthropologie seems to be phasing out their de Mamiel stock -- they have the entire line at roughly 40% off original prices, plus there is an additional 25% discount on sale beauty items.

I'm so tempted to purchase Dewy Face Mist and the Brightening Cleanse & Exfoliating powder cleanser!  Has anybody tried these and can provide feedback?  🙂

Anthropologie De Mamiel Clearance July 2018.png

@MlleCC I’ve tried both.

i quite like the powder cleanser; it’s one of the nicer ones I’ve tried. Like most, you can adjust how thin or thick by how much water you add. It washes away cleanly and leaves my skin feeling fresh.

im kind of indifferent to the dewy facial mist. It didn’t wow me but there was nothing wrong with it either. 

@Mochapj:  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!  Biting the bullet and ordering both.  I love powder cleansers and am looking forward to trying de Mamiel's version; it's a shame that more brands don't make them, after they had their 15 min. of fame a couple of years ago.  

agree @MlleCC ! i wish more brands would make them; they're so convenient, especially for travel.

Mahalo gwp

Think I'll be trying this one out! @lyravega

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.45.15 PM.png

testing