Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

RE: Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I just got mine from the detox market! It sinks in really nicely and seems to make my lipstick stay put a little extra. I own probably four or five of their targeted facial boosters, everything from this brand sinks in so beautifully and makes you glow!!

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

@veronika23 @Llgc I picked up the Aventurine lip serum over the weekend.

It feels pretty similar to the Hourglass lip oil, maybe a touch thinner. The rollerball feels very cooling on the lips, which is nice but it has menthol in it as well so that gives it a bit of tingle that I'm not crazy about.

I haven't noticed any particular improvements yet but I'm really not expecting much more than surface level hydration, tbh.

@Mochapj thank you for the review! I don’t feel so bad now for missing it when I made my detox order. Minty lip products for hydration aren’t my favourite. Let me know though if you find it knocks your socks off with extended usage! 

Thank you for the review @Mochapj with summer here I was thinking to pick it for my dehydrated lips but I’m not a fan of scent and tingling in lip products. I guess I have to stick with the Laneige sleeping mask. That does have a strong strawberry scent but somehow strawberry is comparatively bearable.

@fatimamummy same, I'm not crazy about minty lip products, personally.

A friend recently told me that there are 5 flavours of the Laneige sleeping lip mask. Sephora doesn't carry them but you can find them from other stores on the web. 😮

Ooo I didn’t know about the other flavours either. I’ll check and see if there is any less pronounced scent @Mochapj

Cool. Thanks @Mochapj!  I never tried the Hourglass one but curious about this one... although I don't know how I feel about that tingly sensation 😄  Thx for the info!!!

@veronika23 ooo this is right up my alley. I think I’ll wait for a discount and some reviews first though. If you get it please report back! 🙂 

@Llgc  I will. Might be a while since I'm going to wait for Canadian stockist to receive it and possibly wait for a sale too 😄

@veronika23 the detox market is already carrying it

Thanks @Mochapj! 🙂 Might grab it at their next sale then.

Tata Harper has added a new serum to their range:

https://www.sephora.com/product/resurfacing-serum-P432048?skuId=2066025&icid2=products%20grid:p43204...

I read an article about it recently on Byrdie and it was referred to as a 'starter serum'

Just wanted to share that Mahalo opened a Canadian branch and are shipping Canadian orders from BC! Super happy about that!

Also you can buy individual products from the winter grace collection and get them at 20% with the code: wintergracesale .  You can find the products by scrolling all the way down this page: https://mahalo.care/shop/winter-grace/

wg-bg.jpg

what products do you recommend?

what products do you recommend?

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Looks like YTTP has a new facial oil coming

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Ooo! Interesting.

Lots and lots of new Pacifica skincare available at Ulta now. Definitely worth checking out!

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Such a great idea !!! Love the natural “glowing from within” look!!

Super frustrated, as once again, my mineral sunscreen of choice has been discontinued. Bare Minerals Prep Step Mineral Shield is no longer. Any suggestions on newer mineral sunscreens without silicone? I’ve tried most everything that’s been on the market pre-2017. @lyravega have you liked anything new lately? ❤️

I feel your pain @pixiedust2. I have one on backup that I found at Marshalls. I've been looking at alternatives too. Does it have to be SPF 50? I think I've seen some but they're  under 50 (30 or 40)

Found these two on EWG- Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion Baby SPF 50 and Goddess Garden Everyday Natural Suncreen Lotion SPT 50. I haven't tried either though. 

@makeitup305 Right?! I had two backups when Ulta had it on sale and I could kick myself right now. What blows my mind is it has rave reviews everywhere it was sold, so a lot of people were buying it. So, so frustrating. 

No it doesn’t have to be SPF 50. SPF 30 is acceptable to me. It’s just getting harder to find ones without silicone. The BM actually had silicone in it, but it was further down the list so I gave it a try. I was happily surprised when it didn’t cause breakouts. I’m considering Drunk Elephant as the price is reasonable. I’ve read mixed reviews but at this point I’ve got to start experimenting. 

testing