Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Ooh, I can't wait to hear more about this one!

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

As you may know, Seed To Serum is closing their shop and they are having sale on everything that is left. The sale just got sweeter! Use the code GoneGirl to take 25% off of your purchase! And don't forget to cash in those loyalty points!

My face is like an oil slick. Getting a lasting matte look is no easy task. On a whim, I applied pure concentrated lavender oil to a flat cotton pad and dabbed onto my face and neck. The burn was expected and the tingle was nice, but what happened shortly afterward threw me for a loop: My skin, which is oily A.F., absorbed the oil. Drank it in! I was like, "What the hey?"

Separation occurs when water and oil sit next to eachother like reluctant relatives in a church pew. They scrunch up real close but never quite get along. Anyone with salad dressing in their fridge has seen this effect. Turns out, at least where oily skin is concerned, oil *drinks* oil. Who would have thought? The lavender oil nourished my skin and gave my pores the hydration they crave allowing my sebum glands to chill the heck out. I have applied other essential oils to my face, and have never gotten the same effect. 

Cautionary Notes: You may need to dilute the oil with water. I don't. But you might. Steer clear of eyes and watch for nasal irritation. A drippy nose is unpleasant to say the least. Redness may occur. Outside of an allergy, this is normal and will go away. Cut back if you think you must, either with quantity or frequency, or dilute with more H2O. Lavender oil is actually great for decreasing inflammation. The oil could be more irritating on acne and may sting.

Sorry for the long post!  ✌

I have oily skin too and I found that pure rose hip seed oil has a similar effect for me! It's very soothing, gets absorbed quickly, and seems to shrink my pores! Someone wanting to try lavender oil with sensitive skin could maybe try diluting with a few drops of rose hip seed oil (you only need maybe three drops for face and neck!).

While essential oils can be good for you they can also be bad.  I'm glad that worked for you but I would never recommend anyone to use it directly on their entire face. Essential oils are usually better when diluted in a carrier oil like jojoba, sweet almond, argan, etc. Like I have a serum for clogged pores and it's basically a mixture of jojoba and lavender. Most people would think that oils are bad for oily skin but it actually isn't if you find the right ones. I think most people use products that dry out their skin and strip it of their natural oils so the more you strip your skin of oils the more your skin will produce it you know.

I don't get these results with any other oil, diluting of oil, or combination of oils.

Consonant HydrExtreme is back on Costco.

Just testing...

OH MY GOD!!!! Will I be able to see it in the feed? GAME CHANGER! 

YESSSS!!!! Another of my fav back in action!

👀👀👀 what the what!? How?!  

BRAVO @lyravega

I may be crazy late about this one but Detox Market has a beauty box. It reminds me of the idea of beauty heroes. You can do 1 month, 3 months or 6 months. This month the item is Odacite Autumn on the World serum. Anyone have experience with this box or serum? And that's @TriesToBoClassy for the heads up! 

No experience with that box, but I am loving that serum! Odacite's vit c serums seem to agree with my skin ( Many others don't. At all. ). I do love C For Colette way more, though.

@mrsbaine

I used the serum for the first time today and it was fine. I won't have real opinions for a while. It was thicker in consistency than others I've used and it absolutely left a glow on the skin which I do like. I am going to use it for a month or two and see. I actually wrote the date I started on it, because .5oz seems tiny and easy to go through... And we're talking about a mega expensive serum. 

I have no experience with the box, but I have gone through 2 bottles of autumn on the world @mrsbaine

it's not my fave serum from their private blends but people who enjoy vit c serums may enjoy it.

I only recently got into Vit C @Mochapj; maybe over the last year or so. I have been using The aordinary's 23%+ Hylarounic Acid. I hate the grit. I'm interested to try it. We'll see. 

This one is definitely not gritty @mrsbaine

It's not my cup of tea but that's mostly because I've found some of their other serums more effective for my particular concerns.

So, has anyone here tried any Kari Gran products? They're having a 20% off sale on their skin care and lip whips.

Well, I got my lip whips today, and oh my god, these feel AH-MAZING!!! I'm guessing that like most lip balms, they aren't as long-wearing (especially if you eat - I haven't tried yet), but I'm loving the buttery, minty feel of these when they go on - I tried it both on top of a liquid lipstick, and by itself. Unfortunately, I feel like it would most likely shorten the wear time on my liquid lipstick (I feel like pretty much anything on top of my liquid lipstick - except Jouer's long wear lip toppers shorten the wear time, though, so it's about what I'd expect). That said, I know what I'm going to be wearing when I don't feel like putting on lipstick!

Seed To Serum is closing their shop. They are having 15% off sale on everything that is left. Use code BYEBYEBYE.

1 Reply
testing