Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

bumping for @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! I had the hardest time finding them 🙄

Free shipping all weekend!

image1.jpg

May Lindstrom introducing The Pendulum Potion.

pp.jpgpp2.jpg

Odacite: earn 2x the points! This week only.

Mahalo has an LE toner out for summer:

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 9.55.49 AM.png

Oh my gosh! WANT!!!

(Especially as it has holy basil/tulsi in it!!)

Mochapj wrote:

Thank you for posting this, @Mochapj ! Got the email, didn't have time to post it here.

Ok, I'm hoping this is still in stock for a few weeks. I've got a major trial coming up in a couple of weeks, and I think this is going to be my reward to myself for getting through it...

Mochapj wrote:

This looks interesting @Mochapj; did you get it? 

@mrsbaine I did! 

With the way their shipping goes, I don't expect to have it until at least August, though 😄

Cross-post from Canadian Peeps thread since this brand has been mentioned a few times here:

Consonant Skincare Direct will have their semi-annual 20% off sale on Tues, July 18 online and in stores. Kits, sets and the large HydrExtreme excluded.

They ship to Canada and US plus 2 stores in Toronto.

RE: Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Wish I saw this earlier butI am new to the community. Thank you. Is Consonant the only Canadian natural skincare line Sephora has?

Re: RE: Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

@3CallaLillies they also carry b kamins But it probably depends how you want to define 'natural' 

@Magycmyste   Oof,  "whatever soap/wash I'm using on my body in the shower"... is not such a good idea. Those can be too harsh and striping. A nice and light, non striping cleanser will make a world of difference. What is your PM cleanser? Why do you think you can't use it AM, as well? Is too "rich" for mornings for you?

My absolute favorite is something that's gone, and I hate mentioning it, but I still have backups, sooooo.... I have to mention it. 😛 It's NUDE Jelly Cleanser. The best stuff that has ever happened to my skin. So very gentle, nourishing, non striping, barely any residue ( and I don't even use a washcloth to remove it ), and as a huge bonus - it evens out my skin tone making my skin look so much better right away! Perfect for morning cleans! It just does what no other cleanser does for me. If they ever come back, and the product is still the same - get it!

You could check Odacite's Rejuvenating Cleanser. It is very light, gentle, lotion-y kind of cleanser. Excellent for morning cleanse. It leaves no residue behind. And, even though in description it says one should use it with a washcloth... one totally does not have to! It is easily rinsed off with just water. It's a bit too drying for me, but it could be just right for you. Get a sample and give it a go!

Another nice one for normal-oily skin types is Maya Chia The Great Cleanse Nourishing Supercritical Cleansing Oil. It's an oil cleanser, but so very light you wouldn't believe it. It is so easy to use! It washes off with just water, and leaves nothing behind. It was too drying for me, but I see it being very nice for normal-oily skin types. ( They say it is good for dry skin, as well... But... It wasn't for my skin. At all. But, that easy of use! Ay ! )

Indee Lee Rosehip Cleanser could be something you might want to check out if you're used to cleansers that you apply to wet face in the morning. It is a very light, gentle gel that you rinse off with water. I still remember this one even though I've tried it a long time ago - because it was not drying or stripping one bit on my dry skin! I was just not sure about it as I am used to, and prefer, "richer" cleansers. Mostly oil based ones.

Maybe even Jordan Samuel Plie Cleanser. It is gel to oil formula. And, it's very nice - if you don't mind using a washcloth. This one leaves quite a residue if just rinsed with water, and even I with my dry skin don't like that. But, taken off with a cloth... I am not sure. Maybe @jemly  could chime in? I think she likes this one. And, I know she loves her washcloth. 🙂 Is it a good one for morning cleanse for oily skin, Jem? What say you?

hi ! @lyravega @Magycmyste i'm sorry for my late response, it only just notified me now !!

i really like the jordan samuel cleanser. i love using a washcloth, so that's a given. it leaves my skin feeling so soft and nourished by not greasy. it's in my top 5 favorites--but i  don't love it as much as the NUDE omega jelly, though they're comparable. you definitely have to use a cloth with it, though.

i don't like the price of this one, but a cleanser i love just about as much as the NUDE is the omorovizca thermal cleansing balm. you can get it for cheaper if you order it from UK, but i feel a bit guilty doing this--having it shipped across the world to save me a little money. and i'm not suggesting anyone should feel bad for this (i have guilt issues guys), but it's something to consider. 

@jemly No problem! My skin is about the same, I think. Normally, I would just wash my face off in the shower, but lately, if I'm not going out, my showers have been getting pushed until later in the afternoon, and getting the night's oil and sweat off helps to wake me up a bit better. 🙂

I think I'll definitely be trying out the Thermal Cleansing Balm in the next day or so. 🙂

@Magycmyste i'm in texas too 😉

i have normal-to-oily skin (depending on the time of the month) that i keep in check by washing it a.m. and p.m..... because if i don't wash in the a.m. my skin will get considerably oilier throughout the day.

pardon my ignorance but i wasn't able to find your original post, so i'm not sure what your skin type or concerns are !! all i could find was lyra's post where she tagged me.

Thanks, @jemly! I'll keep an eye out for the Samuel Jordan Cleanser. It sounds like it may be a bit much for my mornings at the moment (Texas summer is hitting hard, which is probably why I started feeling the need for a morning face wash more often), but I won't know until I try. 🙂

On the other hand, I just recently got into the Omorovicza line, so I have a sample of the Thermal Cleansing Balm on hand! I had thought it might be more powerful than I needed for mornings, but maybe not (I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet)! Thanks again for the input!

Whoo!! Not sure if you reposted or it finally came through, but I see your post now! Thanks for all the suggestions, @lyravega! That definitely gives me a few things to try out. I don't know if it's just in my head that my nightly cleansers are too harsh, but I do feel like whatever is on my face in the morning is a lot less than what I'm probably taking off at night, so I was thinking something a little milder might be better for me. 

Also, I really like the sound of a rejuvenating cleanser in the morning to help wake me up a little better. So I think that will go on my list of Odacite samples! 🙂

3 Replies
testing