From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

Looking for a new face serum or toner! Any suggestions?

I'm looking for suggestions for a new serum or toner. I have recently just sorted out my skincare routine, and I finally feel like I know what ingredients my skin likes/dislikes as well as what is harmful for my skin. I used to like the Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater, but it has coal tar dye in it. I've had bad acne prone skin for 3 years now, and struggled with redness and inflammation on my forehead. I've tried using the dr. Jart tiger grass serum and felt like it didn't make any difference to my skin. But I'm still looking to add something into my skin care routine to help with the redness and/or acne. If anyone has any suggestions of any toners or serums that aren't oily, and not filled with silicones or parabens I would love to hear them! 🙂

Re: Looking for a new face serum or toner! Any suggestions?

I have used so many toners now and have ended changing them because they give me red bumps or milia. Right now I am using Thayers witch hazel with aloe vera and cucumber. I had an old bottle at home and checked the ingredients and it's all natural. I saw visible changes (smaller pores and hydrated) after the 3-4th day. It definitely refreshes my skin immediately. I went to buy another bottle, and saw they changed their formula, sadly. They added phenoxyethanol (in low concentrations )which I don't mind much, but I was so happy find a toner with all natural ingredients and not an enormous list of manufactured chemicals. We'll see how this new formula acts on my skin.

RE: Looking for a new face serum or toner! Any suggestions?

Hey so this product isn’t in Sephora but honestly it’s the BEST. It’s basically a toner and serum in one. So soft and not harsh on the skin. You can order it from ohlolly.com

RE: Looking for a new face serum or toner! Any suggestions?

Been loving my Indie Lee toner and personally know a lot of people who swear by it as well.

Re: Looking for a new face serum or toner! Any suggestions?

@nstang you might want to try something with tea tree for redness and acne, I use an oil from Biossance over my moisturizers but I've seen many toners/ skincare products with this ingredient that might do good

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing