Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

It Cosmetics CC Cream Ingredients

Was thinking about investing in the CC cream. Couldn’t help but notice it contains “snail secretion filtrate.” What is that? Should I be concerned? I’ve heard rave reviews but it is worth it considering this mystery ingredient is in it?

Re: It Cosmetics CC Cream Ingredients

Hi, @goosey3.

Snail secretion filtrate is another name for snail slime (i.e. the secretion that's left behind when a snail moves/is agitated), and it's a very popular ingredient in Korean skincare products. This is because the mucin is filled with nutrients - proteins, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. It's also worth noting that this ingredient is not cruelty-free. The snails are not killed during the harvesting process. However, they are stimulated/agitated/stressed to induce the production of mucus. 

I'd recommend checking out the thread below to see what others have said about snail secretion filtrate.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Ingredient-Sticklers/What-the-heck-is-snail-secretion-filtrate/m-p/...

You could also google "snail secretion filtrate" or "snail slime," and find a plethora of articles that give a more in-depth ingredient explanation.

I hope this helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing