Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

Hyaluronic acid creams and affordable, non-drying cleansers

Hi friends! I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for semi-affordable hyaluronic acid creams like Sunday Riley's Tidal and YTTP's kale cream. My skin hates straight gel textures (I tried Boscia's new moisturizer and it left a sticky shiny cover all over, dried out my skin, and broke me out), but the texture of these two creams is perfect for my combo skin. I don't tolerate fragrance well, though the kale oil in YTTP seems to be fine.

I'm also looking for a new cleanser after I finish up my YTTP sample. I've tried countless and most seem to be ineffective at removing the grime (I don't really wear makeup other than mascara, but I do use tinted mineral sunscreen)--these would be Glossier, Cerave hydrating--or stripping like Cerave foaming and LRP gel or foaming cream. Again I try to avoid fragrance, as well as sulfates and comedogenic oils. I actually like YTTP, though I know it will be too drying once it gets cooler and I can't really justify dropping that kind of cash on a cleanser.

Re: Hyaluronic acid creams and affordable, non-drying cleansers

Hi There!

I actually found the Neutrogena hydro boost products with hyaluronic acid gel-cream to be the best hydrating cream that didn't break me out. It doesn't have any added fragrance and is very affordable. 

For cleansers, I'm still struggling with that but I've been using Paula's Choice skin balancing oil-reducing cleanser for about a month now and it seems... okay. I don't think I'll re-purchase but just because I have very acne prone skin. It might work better for your skin and they have really affordable cleansers ($13.00 US).

Hope this helps!

I can second the Neutrogena HydroBoost recommendation. I...

I can second the Neutrogena HydroBoost recommendation. I use Sunday Riley Tidal at home, but take the Neutrogena when I travel because it's so much cheaper in case my luggage gets lost. It is a seriously excellent product at drugstore prices, and works almost the same on my combo skin.

Re: Hyaluronic acid creams and affordable, non-drying cleansers

Hi, @fatalfig

For a cleanser - have you tried micellar water? Garnier makes a pretty decent one that is relatively inexpensive. Philosophy's Purity would also be one worth trying.

Not sure what your budget is on the serum - I've liked The Ordinary's Hyaluronic serum. You might also want to check Dermstore - they are currently running a 25% off special. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing