Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

casualprofilepic.jpg

RE: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

You look great! I prefer my electronic Philips Visa Pure brush with a good cleanser since I canโ€™t find an exfoliating product I like.

RE: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

Cleansers: May Lindstrom Clean Dirt, Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser, and Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub Also, Mychelle has some great chemical exfoliants like the Fruit Enzyme Scrub and the Incredible Pumpkin Peel. The Tata Harper mask is great too but Iโ€™ve found that the most effective exfoliants for me are acid toners.

Re: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

Hi @scooter4you,

I am obsessed with the CAUDALIE - Deep Cleansing Exfoliator. It leaves my skin so soft! I use this before I do my makeup 2-3 times a week and it evens out my texture and my makeup looks great! 

Best,

Rebecca 

For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

I'm in love with tarte Friction Stick!

Re: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

My favorite exfoliator is the Andalou Naturals Pumpkin & Honey Face Mask. It spreads so effortlessly and the acids do a superb job at breaking it down. No clays so no dry,hard feeling. I usually get it on their website but when Marshalls occasionally has it, I grab one with the quickness. As for powdered exfoliants, I like that they're not abrasive like/as scrubs with the grounded nut powders, but for me they're too gentle for my skin most of the time but I still like them overall. For example the Oz Naturals Rice exfoliant is pretty good.

Anonymous Insider

I use the Trader Joeโ€™s aรงaรญ and blueberry face scrub

Iโ€™ve tried a few powdered exfoliants (Tatcha, Amore Pacific, etc) and i find them okay for once in a while use. Iโ€™m moving away from physical exfoliants because I think they make my natural redness much more prominent. Theyโ€™re also kind of messy. Iโ€™m much more interested in chemical exfoliants that use alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids (AHAs/BHAs) to exfoliate both surface and deeper cell layers. My current favorite is Herbivore Blue Tansy. Itโ€™s gentle (although it tingles at first, i havenโ€™t broken out from it or had burning) and I find my skin brighter and clearer when I use it a few times a week

I like Farmacy exfoliating grains. Itโ€™s gentle, like the Tatcha powders, but it seems to work better for me and is a little more budget-friendly. The main exfoliating ingredient is cranberry seeds. When water is added, it gets nice and creamy, with a grainy texture. It runs out of stock a lot at Sephora, so I order direct from their site. 

I love powder exfoliatants, my current favorite is the Amore Pacific enzyme powder. You can mix it into your cleanser or you can use it by itself. I like to mix mine in an oil makeup remover or a gel cream cleanser for a deep clean. My skin is combo, breakout prone and i exfoliate using a enzyme 3x a week. My skin loves it!

Hey Honey's come clean propolis and mineral cleanser is an amazing exfoliator

For natural exfoliators - I love boscia's exfoliating peel gel, my skin gets overwhelmed when I use physical exfoliants so I try to avoid them! I also like Tata Harper's Resurfacing Mask 

Call me crazy but raw honey and baking soda with a pinch of pink salt has become my go to expholiating cleanser . 

I strongly disagree with the other reply to your comment, I am a biologist and the biochemistry of using kitchen ingredients is sound. Often the chemical structure of things like honey/salt/sugar/etc. are the basis for ingredients formulated to go into  pharmceutically created products. Honey/soda/salt on!

RE: Re: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

Baking soda can seriously disrupt your skin's acid mantle since it's a base. Your skin has a protective layer called the acid mantle that's around a pH of 4.4-5.4. I'm an esthetician and I usually advise my clients not to use anything in their kitchen.
Anonymous Insider

I am loving FRESH Sugar Scrub right now. I am also using Korres Sensitive Skin exfoliator but I think I have an allergy to it. 

I'm a big fan of May Lindstrom's Clean Dirt and Graydon Clinical's Superfood Mask/Scrub.

They're both powdered and while they can take a bit of trial and error to get the right ratio down, I prefer the extended shelf life and ability to blend them with a variety of liquids depending on my needs (honey, water, milk, aloe, hydrosols, etc)

RE: Re: For all of my organic and natural skin care mavens, what is your go to exfoliator? And how do you feel about the powdered versions?

Iโ€™m in agreement with you!! Do you think that Sephora will ever carry brands like these? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Not organic but natural. I'm a big fan of Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. Most natural exfoliators rely on sugar or nut shells, which are too big/sparse or too abrasive for a gentle thorough scrub. The Tatcha rice powder is so fine you barely feel the granule, but when you rinse off your face is super clean/smooth. It's expensive but definitely give it a try.

As for powder vs. cream/paste....powder is not liquid so when you travel it doesn't have to go in your liquid bag for TSA, and you can adjust/customize the amount or mix it with your cleanser if you wish. But paste/cream is less messy and usually smaller so I like it.

I like Tata Harper's regenerating cleanser, which is a very effective exfoliant, but won't take of makeup (so beware). It says to use it daily, but my skin is sensitive so I use it about 1-2 times a week at most.  Also Oskia micro exfoliating balm (you can get it at Net-A-Porter) is very effective as well and perfect for sensitive skin. Both are costly, but well worth it.

I haven't found a powder exfoliant that has really been effective. Tatcha and Amore Pacific are similar to each other, but neither do a good job for me. Also they both make me sneeze because of the fine powder.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • casualprofilepic.jpg
testing