Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

Dry scalp

Hello,

does anyone one know a shampoo or oil you can use for dry scalp? My hair eats up so much oil, but some how my scalf is always dry. It might be change of weather I'm not sure.

If I were you I would look into essential oils. You can a...

If I were you I would look into essential oils. You can add them into whatever shampoo and conditioner you have and they are really nourishing!

Re: If I were you I would look into essential oils. You can a...

Okay thank you, I will look into that. I realized when u have moisturizer in your shampoo or conditioner it changes the ph in your scalp opposing to using oil when your hair is dry it just stays on the scalp and it not penetrating in your scalp just on the top layer of your skin

RE: Dry scalp

Try the Phytopoleine from Phyto. It's a scalp treatment oil that is packed with awesome essential oils and is really invigorating for the scalp. Great natural remedy! I have also been really enjoying the new scalp scrub from IGK. Give both a shot!

Re: RE: Dry scalp

Phyto Phytopolleine Scalp Stimulant Elixir

Or the Botanical Scalp Treatment. There slighty different, but I'm not sure which to use

Do you ever use dry shampoo? I find my scalp gets so dry from using it! I would recommend the shampoos at Lush, but only the ones that come in black jars (not the solid shampoo bars). Particularly, the shampoo Blousey. It's made with bananas. I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but I like the results of it.

Re: RE: Dry scalp

No I've never used dry shampoo. Is a dry shampoo more of like a co wash? But I'll try lush & see the results. Thank you

Re: Dry scalp

I use this incredible weekly scalp scrub from Kiehls. It's a grainy scrub in a blue bottle (blanking on the name!) and it's great! I alternate that with just good ol' coconut oil. Warm it a little in the microwave & then massage it into your scalp for 10 minutes once a week. I put it on my ends too (before every single shower though) & leave it all night. My hair dresser is amazed at the changes to my hair from doing this! It's growing like crazy.

I know they say coconut oil is good for the hair. But I shall try this scrub. It's more of like a pre treatment I see. I have to mark this down on my list too. Thank you

Try uma hair oil. It is pricey, but wow is it amazing for the scalp and hair health! Also can't get it at Sephora, so maybe my suggestion not as helpful as I'd hoped? 😞

Paul Mitchell Three Shampoo - good for removing chlorine, salt water or product residue but does contain sulfates.  I use it in the summer to clarify my hair first followed by Maui Moisture (completely sulfate free - awesome brand - they have a Heal & Hydrate Shea Butter line that is wicked good).  A nice sulfate-free option is the Derma E Scalp Relief Shampoo & Conditioner.  This has a ton of great skin care ingredients for itchy dry scalp.  Good luck!

I would honestly check out Beauty Counter, Sephora doesn't sell it, but you can buy it online and they've designed all of their products to be free of carcinogens and such, my hair loves the shampoo and conditioner!

Davines vegetarian miracle shampoo and conditioner might work for you. I swear by it.  Or anything from their natural tech line. 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing