Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

Chemical free makeup

I'm trying to be more conscious of what I put on my face.  Does anyone know of which makeup lines are the best that are paraben free, sulfate free, and phthalates free?  So far, i have found that Bite lipsticks don't have these chemicals.  I'm not sure about all their other makeup.  Does anyone know?  Are there any other chemicals I should try to avoid?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Chemical free makeup

Hi Alexia! Two of my favorite sites to consult are Truth in Aging and Cruelty Free International/Leaping Bunny Certification. Truth in Aging’s mission to offer truthful and unbiased guidance to people seeking to improve their physical health and appearance through skin care, hair care, health and beauty products, and salon and clinical treatments. They have a guide to every ingredient under the sun w a detailed explanation of each (if Sephora doesn’t list full ingredient info, you can usually find here or of course on manufacturer’s site). It also has product reviews and community boards. Leaping Bunny is the international gold standard for non-animal tested consumer products. Hope that helps with your new journey!! https://www.truthinaging.com https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/what-we-do/corporate-partnerships/leaping-bunny-certificati... **Also check out their Home Page!

Cover Fx is one of my favorite clean ingredient makeups!! Other brands I love who are ingredient conscious are Milk Makeup (vegan), Hourglass (mostly vegan), Josie Maran (organic) and BareMinerals, but you can find good, clean products in a lot of lines if you look up the ingredients. The Sephora app is also a great resource for this!

Also a newbie here but I added the Sephora app on my phone and when you look for something say eye creams there is a filter at the top and you can choose ingredients preference and check mark paraben free and sulphate free. Other options as well. Hope that helps!

Re: Chemical free makeup

Everything is a chemical 🙂  There's no such thing as chemical free makeup.

However, if there are certain chemicals you're looking to avoid, the site Cosdna does a good ingredient breakdown so you can check for problematic ingredients.

Generally speaking, Cruelty Free Kitty has as list of all the brands that a cruelty free and which tend to be free of those ingredients. HOURGLASS is one of my favorite brands and they usually do not use these chemicals. I've been told that Sephora also has a forum about cruelty free brands, but I have not seen it myself.

Hi @fifig19,

I sent you a private message with more information. Please check your messages at your earliest convenience. 🙂 Thank you!

- Laurie

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing