Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

Animal Cruelty hiding in Sephora ?

These are just a few brand that Sephora carries that DO animal testing. their needs to be signage around the store indicating which product is cruelty free and are not; their will be a big difference to some companies and they may even pull out of China and go to being animal cruelty free. Sephora does have stores in China, where animal testing is required by law. from 2017 a lot of cosmetic companies have switched over their animal cruelty policies to being animal cruel. A lot of these brands are loved but it was a shocker to me about some of the brands not being cruelty free. please like and share, if you too believe their should be signage in stores and a filter online to show animal cruelty free products. SPOILER : PRODUCTS THAT DO ANIMAL TESTING: - Almay - Dior - Bobbi Brown - Boscia - Benefit cosmetic - Caudalie - Clinique - Estee Lauder - Glamglow - Sephora Collection - Giorgio Armani beauty - hello Kitty by Sephora Collection - makeup forever - Nars - YSL

Re: Animal Cruelty hiding in Sephora ?

I contacted Sephora yesterday to give feedback regarding cruelty free and vegan filter options for the search engine as well as brands I would like to see (Jeffree Star Cosmetics & Morphe). The associate got back to me and made a disclaimer that ALL BRANDS SOLD AT SEPHORA ARE CRUELTY FREE. Well, that’s a flat out lie. I don’t care if they want to sell non-cruelty free brands, but don’t mislead customers to think all brands are cruelty free. I only purchase products from brands that are cruelty free and vegan when possible. I don’t appreciate being lied to especially when I’m VIB Rouge. 

BULL! More than half of cosmetics being sold at Sephora are animal tested.

When I ask for Cruelty-Free products, the majority of the time I get people pointing me to labels like Origins (Which is sold in China). I've had to become more educated then them when walking in the door. 

Because I'm Rouge Status, many throw samples in with my purchases. I know they are being friendly and giving good service, but I tend to stop them. I let them know that I do not use animal-tested products. I politely turn it into a conversation about why I don't use the products. I ask them to think about why it's being tested, and what's in it that companies feel the need to kill an animal to see if it's okay for a human to use. Some have stopped to think about it, and some have looked at me if I'm insane.

We are going to have to help each other do the work. 

A really common lie I see brands use is "no animal testin...

A really common lie I see brands use is "no animal testing unless required by law", a blatant attempt to mislead consumers into thinking they're CF 😕

Re: A really common lie I see brands use is "no animal testin...

If I hear that, I flat out ask if the product is sold in China.

@Lightskinqueen Thank you for sharing.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing