Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Allergic to Coconut! Help!!

I have been struggling with a coconut allergy and no longer can use products that contain coconut or chemical derived ingredients! I'm finding coconut and chemicals from coconut are in everything. Looking for recommendations of coconut free products!!!

Re: Allergic to Coconut! Help!!

lol I just love how I'm 6 years late

Ilia Super serum Skin tint is coconut free.  Many people say it is dewy... it is not.  It applies like the texture of SPF...which has to dry/sink into skin.  For me that takes 5-10 minutes to settle depending on humidity factor.  It works best with less skincare underneath it.  I use a niacinamide toner that I pat in then apply.  If I do put skincare on I wait 15-30 minutes to let that sink in before applying.  I have combo, dehydrated (not dry) skin.  Prone to hormonal acne.  My skin loves this.  You can go to skincarisma.com and they have a community there for coconut sensitive products and you can set up your profile for this allergy.

Hi i've recently been cutting coconut and all derivatives out as it seems I breakout from them. Popular products without any that I've found include :

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense hydrator and the mist 

Tatcha Water Cream, Overnight Serum Concentrate

Youth to the People Superfood Air whip Moisturiser, Adaptogen

Belif true cream, problem solution moisturiser, aqua bomb sleeping mask

Farmacy Daily Greens Moisturiser 

Innis Free Orchid youth enriched cream

Tarte Baba Moisturiser 

Hourglass Bronzers and blushes

Sephora collection blushes 

Sulwhasoo- a lot of their range 

Shiseido -a lot of their face creams

Kiehl's Ultra facial moisturiser and cream , Calendula Serum infused water cream

Fresh Creme Ancienne Soft Cream, Seaberry Oil

Clarins Santal Oil

Edible Beauty Snowflower Oil

Prima CBD Oil,  The Afterglow CBD moisturiser 

Sunday Riley Juno Oil

Saint Jane Beauty CBD serum 

Generally it seems the products geared towards dry skin have coconut and derivatives in them whilst those geared towards oily skin tend to not have. The ones geared towards dry skin that don't have the coconut or derivatives tend to be very pricey.

Moat pressed face powders have coconut derivatives as well as cheek products. I know its almost a year later but hopefully this can help someone or even you

RE: Allergic to Coconut! Help!!

Im very late to this thread but Im sensitive to coconut derivatives as well and I find I always react to products with stearic acid in them. It’s something I find often in foundations as well as skincare that just ruin me and my skin.

@cleanskin83

The majority of products do not have coconut oil.  It will be easy to find.

That is so incorrect!

No that's not correct....take a look at all your cleansers, shampoos, soap, lotion, etc. all chemicals that start with coco or coca are from coconut, not to mention a handful of others. Here is a small list of just a few.....

Capryl Glycol
Caprylic Acid
Caprylic Glycol
Caprylic/Capric
Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides
Caprylyl Glycol
Ceteareth-20
Cetearyl Alcohol
Cetearyl Glucoside
Ceteth-20 Phosphate
Cetyl Alcohol
Cetyl Esters
Cocamide MEA
Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Cococaprylate/Caprate
Coco Glucoside
Cocomide DEA
Coconut cream
Coconut diethanolamide (CDFA)
Coconut milk

Coconut Alkanes as well. Thanks for posting this list!

Coconut Alkanes as well. Thanks for posting this list!

Ok I know I'm a year and a half late in seeing this post but this list is sooo helpful because I just realized (after breaking out from virtually everything) that I'm allergic to coconut and its derivatives too! Totally taking a photo of this list to reference going shopping from now on!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing