Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Translucent setting powder

I'm looking into getting new setting powder but I can't choose between these three. 

laura mercier 

hourglass 

cover fx 

Thank you in advance, 

Re: Translucent setting powder

@Victoria12122 If you have dry skin (and haven’t made a decision on these powders yet 🙂), the best of those 3 powders is definitely Hourglass Veil. It’s quite fine, sets concealer very well, and has no flashback (if that’s important to you). It can settle into lines a bit, but not nearly as badly as the Laura Mercier powder. Prep your under-eyes well and you shouldn’t have much trouble with Hourglass Veil. 

My under-eyes are the driest part of my face. To me, the Laura Mercier powder is heavier/coarser than the Hourglass powder, and it’s too drying for me. It always settled deep into my lines and greatly accentuated them. It also gave me very cakey texture, no matter how thoroughly I hydrated and moisturized my under-eyes (and I’m always religious about that)—and that’s without baking, which I never do. If you don’t have dry skin, the LM powder might work fine. 

I’ve only tried a sample of the Cover FX powder and wasn’t impressed. It wasn’t as bad for me as the LM powder, but not as good as the Hourglass. 

My favorite setting powder isn’t any of those 3 or even sold by Sephora (unfortunately), though I do still use Hourglass sometimes. 

RE: Translucent setting powder

I tried Laura Marcier and actually wasn’t thrilled about it... I’m now using the new Fenty setting powder and really love it! It wasn’t one of your options but it makes me skin look amazing.

Hi, @Victoria12122!  I've only tried the Laura Mercier, mostly due to the rave reviews.  I bought the lightest color; and on my pasty white skin, it's too dark and too yellow.  It does leave a nice matte finish and does a decent job at oil control.

@Victoria12122,

Hard choice! I have used the Laura Mercier one and I thought that it made my skin look really smooth.

❤️ Melissa

Hi @Victoria12122,

Those are all great choices! I really like the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent. It works great for all skin tones and lasts forever! 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Translucent setting powder

hourglass mineral veil is AMAZING my favourite setting powder! although i havn’t tried the cover fx i know i prefer my hourglass powder over my laura mercier!

Translucent setting powder

All great choices!! I've tried all 3 of them and loved all 3. The Laura Mercier one is a lot heavier..but it is my top choice for myself. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend it. The cover FX and hourglass one are a lot lighter in texture. I know both actually have value packs right now that come with a travel size primer and powder incase you wanted to not invest in the full sizes right away @Victoria12122

@Victoria12122 All great choices but if you are going for a more mattified look, I would suggest Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent; if your skin is slightly drier, want more of  a airbrush, blur finish, have fine lines or to set under eyes , I would recommend COVER FX - Perfect Setting Powderor Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

@Victoria12122 Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent seems to be the one more people rave about  and I personally love it as well so I would highly recommend that one. CoverFX would be second and I haven’t tried the Hourglass one yet so I can’t attest to its quality.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing