cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

Thank you! @fatimamummy MAC's So Select lipstick is amazing!!! I love it!

Saw this at the end of the day.  Here's what's left of my highlighted cheeks...I think the nose shined brighter 😊

Becca's Opal, after 9.5 hours. I think it began to fade right after lunch, so full shine for about 6 hours.

Spoiler
IMG_20170313_195435.jpg

Knowing this challenge is on, definitely stepping up the highlighting game tomorrow!!

I have to use my Opal!! I was staring at it yesterday. That used to be my fave! ❤️ 

Today I was feeling the grey's and pinks, so used ABH Star from the Moonchild palette on my cheekbones and undereye.

It was glorious 🙂

Can I ask you guys about preferred highlighter application? I want to try to get a glowy/dewy look, but I generally end up with more of a sparkly/glittery look. I don't necessarily mind it and sometimes I want an all out sparkly look, but I want the option of going more subtle sometimes. I generally use matte and full coverage foundation/powder so that might be the problem, but I was wondering how you guys get that lit from within look. Thanks 🙂

Have you tried mixing a liquid illuminator with your foundation. Do you spray your face with a mist after applying your makeup?

@jesscheems I've tried mixing my foundation with urban decays illuminizing beauty balm, but I think I end up covering it with my full coverage powder...I feel like I need it to hide the imperfections. I actually have the caudalie beauty elixir and don't know when to use it, would that be what you're talking about? I do sometimes use the urban decay setting spray though.

Well for a more lit look from within I like to mix luminizer into my foundation. You can even dust over a luminous powder like Guerlain meteorites and spritz your face at the end. I used to add my Tarte liquid illuminator into foundation and apply that and I don't really use powder so maybe that's why I looked more luminous. I use a dewy finish foundation as well.

So maybe for you a nice finishing powder would do the trick! How about Hourglass powders?

Haha I think I just need a good set of tutorials cuz these are all products I have but don't use cuz I don't know what I'm doing. I have two sets of the meteorites that I have never used and I have one of the hourglass finishing powders that I have used twice 🙂 I think i need to start experimenting... thanks for the help @jesscheems 🙂

@Glitternoodle Glad I could help 😄 @Titian06 I have to experiment with my meteorites myself. I always have a dewy base and wear highlight when I wear makeup so there's probably no need to glow more- said no one ever LOL

@Glitternoodle - I'm not one to give advice on the glowy look and using highlighters.  @jesscheems hit the nail on the head with her advice!  I am definitely a matte finish girl, but got that "glow from within" look when I accidentally picked up the wrong powder to use as my finishing powder.  I used my hourglass powder all over my face instead of the finishing powder I meant to use.  Boy did I glow!  I'm sure it didn't look "that" bad, but for someone who is used to matte, I glowed!

I normally finish with Meteorites from a couple of summers ago.  It's the one that most people did not like because there wasn't much shimmer to it; that's why I like it.  Meteroites are a great all-over finishing powder for giving a light glow-from-within look.  I receive compliments when I wear it.

@Titian06 I think I am going to change up how I do my makeup. I easily experiment with eye shadows, but when it comes to the rest of my face, I end up defaulting to my usual look and routine. I know what I think I want to do, that's why I have amassed an arsenal of finishing powders I have never used, but when it comes to application, I just reach for my usual stuff which ends up being a matte finish with a bit of Becca highlighter on top. I'm going to use your and @jesscheems guidance to branch out. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Sadly no pic but I wore Becca's Prosecco Pop on my cheeks and Champagne Pop on my eyes today.

I am having trouble posting pics from my phone today but today's highlight is Becca Opal. This is my go to when I have no clue what to use from my 8364647 highlighters. 

I agree, it's such an easy go-to for my skin tone and it never fails me 😇

"8,364,647 highlighters."  Yep.  Sounds like my collection, too!  LOL!  @Anewxa

And yet I have atleast 4 more in my cart right now that I want asap...this thread could be dangerous for me 😂 @Tamara76

Yes!!!!!  I'm in!!!! Now I have something useful to do with all the highlighters I've been stockpiling! ❤️

No pics today because I had a super long day, but I used Cover FX halo mixed in my foundation this morning along with Becca Prismatic Amethyst on top of my cheekbones.  Y'all know how those look anyway. 🙂

Then, after my makeup completely melted off due to the humidity in my office (so gross!), I touched up with a Thrive Causemetics Triple Threat Color Stick in Joy that I got in some subscription box a while back and threw in my makeup bag, but had never actually used before. 

Joy gave me a really nice shimmer and I didn't even realize until I just went to look for a pic on their site that it has a brush on the other end!  This beauty will definitely get more love in the future!

70bdd6ccc1577b22f13a2b808ad60ef2.jpg

I'm not sure I have quite enough highlighters for a month but there a couple on the way and plenty on my wishlist but I will try to do this when I can.

Today I wore  the purpley shade from NYX strobe of genius palette. When I first got this I thought the purpley shade was one I wouldn't use much but I ended up loving it.
IMG_2457.JPG

I have this Nyx palette also, and I did t really use the purple until recently.  It's nice.  This palette is a solid win especially for the money.

Speaking about pretty lavenders.... and silvers... Look what arrived just in time for the challenge! ( One awesome lil possum sent this to me as a part of my early bday gift! Thank you for thinking of me, dearie! Heart )

I had to share because these colors are so bloody amazing, and so me! Can't wait to smear them all over my face! 😄

lavenderwnw.jpg

It's WNW Lilac To reality. How pretty is this?!

5 Replies
testing