cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

OOOOOHHH I WANT!!!!

@lyravegaOMG!  Yay!  Is this one of the heart highlighters?

I ordered the whole spring collection to get these - they should arrive this week! 🙂

ETA:  Happy early birthday!!!! xoxo

Thank you, @Tamara76 ! Heart

Spoiler

upload_7325939256770759668.gif

Yep. It has a heart in it. 😛 It is lilac with a silver heart in the middle of it. I didn't even know about this(these?) as I don't usually care for highlighters, so I don't follow what's going on with them. ( Unless something jumps right into my face unprovoked, so I have no other choice but get it then. 😄 ) She saw it, the colors screamed my name, and that was that. She totally surprised me with it. 🙂

Oooo, the whole spring collection! Enjoy your new goodies! And, do share some swatches!

OMG! It's soooo pretty! You lucky lady! Even if it's early... Happy Birthday!!!!! Heart

Spoiler
Image result for dean winchester birthday gif
Image result for dean winchester birthday gif

Spoiler

upload_2987559824455447677.gif

upload_8324733335499547766.gif

@veronika23 Heart

Ooh pretty❤️ I am totally into the cray highlights lately..gimme all the violets and purples! I swatched the kid alchemist few days ago and now waiting for a restock..it was loveee..

Ohhh, that one is very pretty, too, @Anewxa ! I am debating getting me ABH Moon Child. Love all those colors so much! Right up my cray unicorn alley! 😄

Sounds great, I used too Face snow bunny as a highlight 

@howconnie thanks for sharing and welcome to BT 🙂 

I am not big on highlighters and highlighting, but I think I could do some for the challenge... I do find myself attracted to all these lavenders and blues and pinks and all the "cray" colors, even though I am not sure what would I do with them... Except maybe smear them all over my face ( and body! ) and pretend I was a unicorn! 😄

upload_8476494454289562205.jpg

upload_3443240673416036265.png

Bonus pic just because... 😉

Spoiler
upload_4273474817582355362.jpg

@lyravega this post made me LOL!

The crazy colors count too and they're great for applying to the inner eyes. Also have to say that you'll be my hero if you recreate one of those glitter face looks... 

@KatieBT I could totally do a "unicorn"... Or recreate one of those glitter faces. That'd be so much fun! All I'm missing now is - a horn! 😄

@lyravegahahaha just came in for the unicorn man! Better than this one 😄

Spoiler

yvPb11K.jpg

lol c'mon you gotta love how both of them just 'owned' it.

Lol, @veronika23 ! 😄

I really enjoying these challenges!  They give me something to look forward to each day.  Like @txcatx I definitely do not have a month's worth, and maybe not even a week's worth, of highlighters.  I think the reason I can't get into highlighters is because I had extremely oily skin growing up, so I can't stand shiny skin; it has to be matte. 

The woman in the ad at the top is how I would look a few minutes after washing my face--completely drenched in oil.  I do not see her as highlighted, shimmery, dewy, or whatever.  She looks oily.  She also has bedhead and appears to have a substance abuse problem.  (No offense meant to anyone...my opinion only, etc, etc, etc.)

I love a new challenge! However, highlighter is not something I hoard, and I definitely don't have a month's worth of highlighter shades. I will say that my daily highlighter of choice is RMS Living Luminizer. If I'm feeling as sparkly as a teeny bopper vampire in the sun, I might add a powder highlighter on top. I'm into subtle, though, so I love the new Nars highlighter palette. I did recently get the Kat Von D Alchemist palette, but haven't exactly used that yet.

I made my own illuminating foundation today! I mixed a drop of my cc cream (right now it's the one from Juice beauty) with a drop of the CoverFX custom cover drops (to make it a little more full coverage) and a drop of the CoverFX custom enhancer drops in moonlight (to give it a little glow). I've been struggling to get just the perfect color foundation and have recently settled on the idea of just mixing my own.  I like the way this one came out: illuminating but not too illuminating, which is the major issue I've had with illuminating foundations. After putting on my foundation, I patted a little bit more of the custom enhancer drops onto the normal spots I would have applied highlighter to.

Love this, especially since I got five highlighters in the mail in one day last week! 🙂

Today I did a blue/purple highlight with Cover FX Halo over my blush (Sephora Peony cheek gel) and on my browbones with Urban Decay Dive Bar eyeshadow and Uzi eyeliner.

Highlighter junkies unite! 😄

This is a great idea @KatieBT. Count me in.

Yay I am in!!! I love highlighters! 😄

testing