Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Recommendations!

I’m looking for a new highlighter! I usually use Jeffery Star Skin Frost Highlighter but I can’t afford it right now (USD to CAD conversion kills). Anyways, I’m hoping to find some recommendations for some popping highlighters on here! The brighter the better! TIA ladies and gents!

RE: Recommendations!

WetnWild has some pretty bomb highlighters!! Check them out! Plus they’re super cheap!

Re: Recommendations!

@tmorcan Have you tried any highlighters from Fenty Beauty? They are BLINDING. I love the Hu$tla baby shade, and it comes in a cute mini with a lip gloss for about $20USD

https://www.sephora.com/product/bomb-baby-mini-lip-face-set-P427643?skuId=2018331

I know you're trying to not spend that much money, but the Becca highlighter products are PHENOMENAL. I swear by my champagne pop highlight. I've had this product for over two years and I still haven't reached the bottom of the pan. You get so much product. If you want lighter, I would suggest Pearl, it's more of a white silvery tone, verses champagne pop is a brighter gold-pink! BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter - Pearl

@tmorcan If you're pressed for money, Wet n Wild's MegaGlo Highlighting Powder is $5 per pan, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it. It's finely milled, comes in a decent color range, and can be sheered out or built up to blinding depending on how you apply it. Personally, I own both the Wet n Wild in Precious Petals and the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Opal, and I would say that they're perfect dupes, not only in color, but in finish and texture as well. When I swatched them both on my arm, no one I asked could tell the difference between them.

There's also the Wet n Wild Hello Halo liquid highlighters, at $6 a bottle, which I'm personally quite fond of. They're extremely blinding if you tap them on with a finger, and you get more product in the bottle than some foundations come with.

(If you're really low on money at the moment, you could also pick these items up at Wet n Wild's next flash sale, where they have 50% off on their site. They've been having one every couple of weeks for the last few months, so I'd expect the next one to be soon, if you want to wait.)

Also at $5 each is essence's Spacelighter and Cosmolighter: both duochromes, a white-pink duochrome and a champagne-green duochrome respectively. To my knowledge, these are the least expensive duochrome highlighters available on the non-indie market.

A personal favorite of mine, (though more expensive, at $8) is NYX's Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in the shade Synthetica. It's an orange-peachy-gold duochrome highlighter that applies very pigmented with the right brush-- it's pigmented enough that I even wear it as a blush sometimes. The color shift on this one is really stunning, especially on warmer summertime skintones.

BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter - Opal

Hi @tmorcan,

If you're looking for a beautiful highlight at a budget price, I highly recommend the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Golden Hour Luminizing Powder.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Hi @tmorcan,

I love the BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter, and the BOBBI BROWN - Shimmer Brick Highlighter.They are pigmented and I love the different shade options! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@tmorcan you could try MAC Whisper of Gilt, Becca Champagne Pop, Jouer Citrine, MAKE UP FOR EVER - Star Lit Powder in Ivory  

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing