Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

I NEED A DUPE!

Hey there, 

Looking for a dupe for the "smashbox vlada petal metal highlighter" (in the "prismatic pearl" shade I think... the 'chromey' effect one with the gold and pink formula. Loved everything about it, mostly the fact that it was a blinding, warm-toned combo of beautiful sparkling colour. Should've got it while I had the chance, and now it's gone :'( HALP!

Re: I NEED A DUPE!

Hi, @BeckaBadger.

Are you located in the US? If so, then the Prismatic Petal highlighter is still available on the Smashbox website. Though if you're north of the border, Temptalia lists MAC Show Gold Extra Dimension Skinfinish (peach that breaks pink) as a dupe. It's not completely the same as the Smashbox one, but it still may be something to consider.

Another place to look would be indie brands. They tend to offer more unique shades than mainstream brands. I did a quick Google search and the Harvest Drake Dragon Scales Highlighter by Surreal Makeup looks pretty. 

I hope this helps! 

ETA 10/25: MAC has released a limited edition Extra Dimension Skinfinish for it's holiday 2018 collection. The shade is called Snowflushed (metallic bronze pink) and it looks pretty close to Smashbox Prismatic Petal. It is a little bit darker, but it has the same sparkle finish and color shift. It's the best dupe I've seen so far. I'd also highly recommend grabbing it ASAP if you're interested. MAC Snowflushed is a LE item just like the Smashbox one was, so it won't hang around forever. Just thought I'd let you know! 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing