Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Highlighting tips

Hi, beauty lovers! I wonder if I can get some advice from you on highlighter application. Despite owning quite a few highlighters I am still at a loss about where exactly they should go on my face. Where do you put yours -- relative to anatomical features and relative to other products like blush, concealer or bronzer? Do you apply one over another? Please share your skills!

Re: Highlighting tips

@Krysa13 Very good question! I found an image for you to reference doing a simple google search that has the locations where highlight could be applied. Everyone is different when it comes to where they apply their highlight but the main goal of highlighting is to accentuate your cheek bones and give your face a glow. I personally like to do the top of the cheek and bridge of nose and skip everything else but every once in a while I’ll do my chin as well.

As for application order, I’ll use bronzer under my cheekbones, blush on my cheekbones and highlight on top of the blush. I do layer the products but most importantly I focus on blending them together so it looks cohesive- rather than just 3 separate products sitting on my face. Let me know if you have any more questions 😬

0BECC792-5D08-4476-863B-ED51D6CD0515.jpeg

@gonerogue thanks so much! I have a question about top of the cheek placement: how can you prevent highlighter on top of the cheek from bringing out undereye wrinkles, darkness and other unsavoury undereye features? 

@Krysa13 I do my under eye concealing, foundation and foundation setting all before I move onto bronzer, blush and highlight. Using a good highlighting brush can help with precision on the placement to avoid getting highlight all over your under eye. My two favorite highlighting brushes are Sigma’s F03 and Anastasia Beverly Hills Large Tapered Blending Powder Brush A23

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • 0BECC792-5D08-4476-863B-ED51D6CD0515.jpeg
testing