Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Highlighter vs. SHIMMER Bronzer?

Hello beauty community! I am crazy late breaking into bronzing and contouring and am a bit confused. I understand the difference in contouring (matte) and bronzing (shimmering), but from all the face charts I've seen, shimmer bronzer is apparently placed in the same places highlighter would be, even though it is darker. Does this mean that the bronzer takes the place of highlighter? Example: If I bronze the bridge of my nose and tops of my cheekbones, I obviously shouldn't ALSO highlight there, right? TL;DR - How do I use both shimmer bronzer and highlight, if it is possible to do both at all? Thanks!!!

RE: Highlighter vs. SHIMMER Bronzer?

I have used a shimmer/bronzer for years as a contour! I just make sure not to put it on to heavy! I find that using a shimmering bronzer just does not do well over my whole face. I find that mat bronzers work better for me over my face and neck, then I use the shimmer bronzer as a contour and usually don’t need a highlighter! I only do this during day time hours! Evening or after dark I use the bronze shimmers as highlighters with a lighter powder foundation and it gives a very subtle glow and not over done! Some times I feel shimmer bronzers are to much for the whole face! I always go with less of everything! But that’s just me! But I do like to use my shimmer bronzer as a contour. It just makes for a really lovely glow!

Re: Highlighter vs. SHIMMER Bronzer?

hightliter

@RedFoxHeidiwrote:
Hello beauty community! I am crazy late breaking into bronzing and contouring and am a bit confused. I understand the difference in contouring (matte) and bronzing (shimmering), but from all the face charts I've seen, shimmer bronzer is apparently placed in the same places highlighter would be, even though it is darker. Does this mean that the bronzer takes the place of highlighter? Example: If I bronze the bridge of my nose and tops of my cheekbones, I obviously shouldn't ALSO highlight there, right? TL;DR - How do I use both shimmer bronzer and highlight, if it is possible to do both at all? Thanks!!!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Highlighter vs. SHIMMER Bronzer?

Usually with a shimmer bronzer you can only put it where you would highlight if it is lighter than your natural skin tone. Put a shimmer bronzer right under your highlight to help lift it and bring attention to your cheeks. I usually put a shimmer bronzer on my hairline, below my cheek highlight, below my lips, and on my nose (the bridge not the tip)

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing