cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Highlighter as Eyeshadow

I have the Maybelline Master Chrome Gold Highlighter and I thought I would try it as an eyeshadow. I thought it looked good. But is this a beauty no-no ?

Re: Highlighter as Eyeshadow

I don't believe in beauty no-no's but that's just me. If I use a highlighter as eyeshadow, I make sure to put it down over a primer to make sure it stays. That said, I love Becca's Opal on my eyes. It's such a soft shimmery champagne that adds just a little bit to my face. I also love Tarte's unicorn highlighter and some of the colourpops. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for the great info @alyasavestheday

If you use your bronzer as a transition (and build it in the crease), you can put your blush and highlight on the lid and that builds a really cohesive look. Best luck!

Anonymous Insider

That sounds very interesting @alyasavestheday  I am a rookie and what do you mean use bronzer as a transition and then build in the crease. It sounds like a great look to me

@AnonymousI use my highlighter as eye shadow too at times, because sometimes the colors are just so beautiful, and I love the pop of color it gives.

Hi @Anonymous,

This is a beauty yes! I'm currently obsessed with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I use it an eyeshadow to highlight my inner corner and on the center of my lid. It captures light and brings a nice glow to my eyes. The opal shade also flatters lots of difference skin tones.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Anonymous Insider

And Thanks to @PenelopeBT  @Anastasiya13  @fieldsofclover  @angel7594. You guys are fantastic for putting up with my questions. Much appreciated

@AnonymousHappy to help 🙂

@Anonymous any time! I am glad you are a member of the community! 😊

@Anonymous Right on. Thank you for being a valued Sephora client. Stay Gorgeous!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the tip @PenelopeBT  Do you just dot the inner corner? And do you apply to the inner corner and center of the lid over your eyeshadow or instead of eyeshadow ? I hope that makes sense.

Hi @Anonymous,

I take a small, precision brush (my favorite is the Sephora Collection PRO Small Shadow Brush) and dab a tiny bit in the inner corner to brighten and open my eyes. This works with any eyeshadow look. After doing my usual eyeshadow routine (right now, it's a bronze shade all over and a dark brown shade in the crease), I take the same highlighter and tab a tiny bit on the center to bring light to my eyes. It looks really pretty!

Anonymous Insider

I do have that brush. And this sounds great and will definitely be using this technique. Thanks again @PenelopeBT 

@Anonymous A lot of face products aren't tested for eye safety specifically, so you might not want to go right up to the lash line... but crease, orbital bone, etc. are all fair game for me.

@Anonymous,

I use highlighter as eyeshadow often, especially on the inner corner of my eyes or on the brow bone. I don’t think there are rules really, I use my makeup however I feel inspired to. 🙂

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing