Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Highlighter Suggestions For Medium Skin Tones

Hi I'm looking for a highlighter for my friend who has medium olive skin tone.  I have fair skin so all my highlighters look to light on her.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Highlighter Suggestions For Medium Skin Tones

If you need a cheaper option check out the Sephora Luminizing palette. It has 6 shades. White pinks yellow golds and bronze so it has one for everyone. They are also pretty pigmented and show up nicely on the skin

Re: Highlighter Suggestions For Medium Skin Tones

@lizallen You've gotten some good suggestions below!  If you can find the ABH x Nicole G palette, that would be a great option. 

Another good palette to try is the Becca x Chrissy Teigen palette - it has lovely rose gold and peachy highlighters (plus a bronzer and blush):

http://www.sephora.com/becca-x-chrissy-teigen-glow-face-palette-P17897458?skuId=1937846&keyword=P178...

I also think the NARS Banc de Sable highlighter is universally flattering - you may have to buy it direct, though, because I can't find it on Sephora's site anymore.

I personally have an olive skin tone and prefer gold or warmer toned highlighters which I think compliments darker skin tones really well. One of my favourites is the Extra Dimension Skinfinsh from MAC in Beaming Blush because it has a gold and pink shift and is packed with pigment so a little goes a long way. However it is a little bit glittery and very reflective so if your friend likes a more natural highlight I suggest the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter. It is very easy to build up and is also very affordable.

Girl I got you. I have a medium/olive skintone,and these are the highlighters I use the most!! I love pinks and reds so I like playing around with my ABH Nicole kit and the Bobbi Brown highlight is a subtle pink that is also very flattering. But if she wants something particularly complimentary of a darker complection,then you can't go wrong with the Sun Dipped palette!! All four shades are very flattering on darker skin tones. If she's in a budget,the BH Cosmetics Wild&Raidant palette has great buildability so you can go from a natural highlight to something that really pops! It's also affordable and great quality for such a low price.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing