Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks

Highlighter HELP!!

I never know how to include liquid highlighters into my makeup routine!! Because I can't apply the product after I set my whole face with powder.. but I can't do it before either because the powder will make the highlighter loose some of its shine 😭😭... I love a matte base but I want to keep my highlighter looking dewy and glass like! Is there a powder highlighter that can give me the look I'm going for?

Re: Highlighter HELP!!

I would suggest putting your liquid highighter on and setting it with a powder highlighter for a dewy, glassy look.

If you like setting your face with powder another way to make the highlighter pop is to add MAC Fix+ on a brush and sweeping it in the powder highlighter for an intense highlight. 

My favorite highlighters are Estee Lauder Heat Wave, Laura Geller Gilded Honey, MAC Whisper of Gilt, Nars Fort de France, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy highlighter.

I was experiencing the same issue until I tried FARSÁLI - Jelly Beam Illuminator.. It is a liquid highlight that goes on as a cream once applied. I put it on top of my foundation after I have powdered and I don’t have any issues of it rubbing my foundation off. If you don’t want to risk trying another liquid highlight, I second the STILA - Heaven's Hue Highlighter recommendation and will also add DIOR - Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder . Both of those highlights are powders that give a nice, dewy, wet highlight when applied.

@neenx20 My favourite highlighter is a slightly creamy powder: STILA - Heaven's Hue Highlighter. I like that it’s not quite a basic powder highlighter because it never looks chalky or powdery. It just melts into my skin, without making it oily. 

Since discovering it, I’ve worn it pretty much every day and given away the vast majority of my liquid and regular powder highlighters. It’s so easy to apply and build up, and comes in gorgeous shades. 

That being said, Natasha Denona is also known for her amazing glass-like highlighters. I haven’t tried them yet (I just ordered the NATASHA DENONA - Mini Blush & Glow) but many beauties here say that the Natasha Denona Diamond & Blush Palette Citrus and NATASHA DENONA - Super Glow Highlighter are excellent. 

Hope this helps! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing