cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Glow not glitter

Has anyone found a highlighter that doesn't just have a bunch of sparkles? I know it's kind of hard to explain but I want more of a glow than just shimmer. Any recommendations?

Re: Glow not glitter

I think you'd like the benefit dandelion twinkle or diorskin highlighters. Sheen but not glitter. Benefit one is subtle but there-very office appropriate 

Kevyn Aucoin's highlighters are perfect for a professional work environment. It's not shimmery or glittery at all. It makes you look like you are standing in good lighting. 

Yes

i adore Kevin Aucoiyn highlighters!!!

one can never get enough highliters girls!!!

Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight is my go to for a glow without the sparkles. Use a light fluffy brush or a fan brush for application. It can be built up heavier for that blinding glow, but I think it's perfect buffed out for that luminous look. 

RE: Re: Glow not glitter

Definitely seconding this! I have a couple Kevyn Aucoin highlighters, but I have a particular soft spot for those gorgeous and huge Neo Highlighter palettes. I have the cooler-toned option, Ibiza, and totally love it, but the warm version, Sahara, looks beautiful as well. It's so smooth, surprisingly wearable, and the gradient means that it can be flattering on a wider spectrum of skin tones.

I really like Urban Decay's Afterglow 8-hour Powder highlighter. It applies so smooth and with ease, blends well, and can be built up as much as one likes. I own the colour Sin and only have to use one or two swipes of the brush to get a perfect "lit from within" natural glow.

I actually really like Benefit's Watts Up! for this. The crème formula is smooth and glowy but not shimmery. Lovely natural-looking (but not so natural it's not there) highlight and one of my first.

I'm with you on this, not a fan of sparkly highlighter! My all-time favorite is Laura Geller's Gilded Honey and I'm recently loving Burberry's Fresh Glow Highlighter in Rose Gold!

Dior Diorskin Luminizing powder in shade 003 ( gold )

beautiful on fair skinned women in particular as is not dark gold but sun kissed gold.

brilliant!!!

not cheap in Canada! But SO WORTH IT...classy silver compact....THE WOW FACTOR!

DIOR nails it AGAIN!

they have other shades) 

everytime ive this on,Sephora staff say I'm glowing!"

so,there you go"

or there you glow!" LOL!!!

I like Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna - Very subtle shimmer and luminous glow. You can adjust the coverage from glowing to sun-kissed.

You might like the Dior Nude Air Luminizers-- they are glossy but not sparkly. If you want something more subtle, I'd say go for Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Highlighter, an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, or a cream highlighter (I've heard good things about Milk Mars).

I just bought the Becca Glow on the Go mini set to give it a try before investing in the full size product. It comes with a liquid highlighter and a powder. I LOVE the liquid. It is exactly what I was looking for,  easy to put on, not crazy visible but still noticeable and NOT SPARKLY. It gives just a little sheen. The powder is good too but will probably use that for my eyes rather than my cheeks/skin. Hope that helps!

RE: Glow not glitter

I know exactly what you mean. I actually just bought Sephora brand Highlighting Powder in 01 Dusk and it is gorgeous! No sparkle. Just a luminous ethereal glow. And only $16! This shade is sold out online but 02 and 03 were really pretty too especially if you have medium or tan skin. If you can splurge then Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is amazing. Also Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact in Highlight 01 golden nude. MUFE has new face powders that are shimmer without the sparkle too. Shade H102 for example would be great for fair skin. Hope this helps!

Re: RE: Glow not glitter

I have this in Twilight and I love it!

Maybe try the Marc Jacobs Re(cover) Coconut Setting Spray? It leaves a glow to the skin, but it isn't a shimmer/ highlighter per say! 

Sarah just wanted to mention that your hair & makeup look so nice!

you are quite lovely.

Mossique, ahhhh thank you so much!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

if you want something dewy and glowy not shimmery you can...

if you want something dewy and glowy not shimmery you can try out the rms beauty living luminizer

Re: if you want something dewy and glowy not shimmery you can...

You could try the Lancôme LA ROSE A POUDRER BLUSH ILLUMINATING

IRRIDESCENT HIGHLIGHTER.....

alas,us Canadians maybe cornered the market on this one.

sorry for large print,I had to turn product upside down to read it's midnite im sleepy ....small print.

difficult to see it...wanted to get title out there for anyone interested.

its ...well in a beautiful pink box,a big pink rose.

What you do is,you swish your makeup brush round the petals,it highltes subtly your face.

soft pink not glitter,but it's indeed classy,high end. The Bay here only got 3 in I reserved -1

very very costly I'll I will say...but I still have it still looks pretty perfect been 1-1/2  yrs!!!!

then remember I'm the girl who's not wearing makeup @ day! 😬🤗

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
testing