cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|
Anonymous Insider

Fav highlighters?

Hi everyone! ☺️ I've never used highlighter, but i want to soon! So i was wondering if anybody could tell me a highlighter they recommend and why? 💕 i would really appreciate any suggestions! 💖😊💁🏼‍♀️

Re: Fav highlighters?

Becca Champagne Pop! I love it! It gives just the right amount of pop!

RE: Fav highlighters?

Natasha denona blush and glow palette 👍🏻

Hi @SparklesMan,

I recommend the BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone. It is a beautiful highlighter that gives a natural glow to the eyes, cheeks, and skin. It is very user-friendly and a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much @RebeccaBT for you suggestion! 💖 i will be sure to try this out someday ☺️ I really appreciate you sharing this with me 💖

@SparklesMan I have far too many highlighters considering that I wear them maybe once a week! My hands-down absolute favorite is the Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette, but that's limited edition from last holiday. The other Ambient Strobe Lighting powders are lovely too, finely milled (no chunks of glitter), subtle enough for everyday but buildable. My other favorite powder would be the much-loved Becca, no explanation needed. People raved about the COVER FX - Custom Enhancer Drops for a while, but I personally find them too glittery unless they're *under* my foundation.

I think the TRèSTIQUE - Highlight & Perfect Multipurpose Stick is underrated; it's a creamy formula, and if you apply it with a finger or blend it with a sponge, you can get a nice easy sheen. You can also apply it as the base for a powder highlight to really kick up your look! Based on photos you've posted before, I think that might be a bit too cool-toned for you. If you want a dewy look that's more or less colorless, the RMS BEAUTY - Living Luminizer is truly lovely too. Hope this isn't an overwhelming amount of information!

Anonymous Insider

Hi @tastelikewater! Thank you for the information ☺️ I really appreciate it! 💖 but i went into sephora and the lovely ladies that work there helped me out 😊 they're beginning to know me pretty well because of how often i go and get makeovers or just get makeup 💕💁🏼‍♀️

@Anonymous Oh yay! What did you get? 

Anonymous Insider

@tastelikewater I got the Marc Jacobs Dew You and Hourglass Champagne Highlighter stick ☺️ I'm liking it so far, but still trying to get better at using it 💖

@SparklesMan  Love highlighters!  There are so many to choose from it's hard. However, i've been wearing BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini - Opal like non stop.  Just know an FYI I have Tanish/Olive (more tan with yellow/golden undertones)  

Another favorite which people of many different skin tones including myself have confirmed that BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini - Champagne Pop works for them and is absolutely stunning.

Anonymous Insider

Whoa! That looks nice @darkiceis👍☺️ I'll definitely be getting that one next time i go 💖 

I am a HIGHLIGHTER HOARDER but my hands-down favorite "everyday strobing" highlighter is Living Luminizer by RMS Beauty. Just a dab in each inner corner of your eyes, and you look like you've had 12 hours' sleep.

It's a silvery cream highlighter, similar to Nars Albatross but without any glitter or powder, and it "warms up" to melt into the skin, looking incredibly natural and dewy. Even when I wear another highlighter on my cheekbones, I still use RMS on my cupid's bow, "I just woke up like this!" (I like RMS well enough that I gave away my Marc Jacobs highlighters, you know? I just didn't like Glow Stick as well as I liked my good ol' RMS, and I wasn't using Dew Drops, either, because I'd branched out to a goldier RMS highlighter as well.)

If you prefer dusting yourself with a powder highlighter, that Opal one by Becca is the one to get. Like the RMS one I just recommended, it's universally flattering, and it doesn't have the big chunky glitter to it that makes some highlighters seem fake or cheap. It blends beautifully, giving the whole face some "zhoosh." It would look lovely swept across the collarbones.

Having said all this, there is a WORLD of highlighters out there! Some people prefer silvery ones, some gold, and a lot of people like out-of-this-world highlighter in prismatic colors. How fair are you? Do you look better in orange or purple? There is so much good stuff out there!!

Anonymous Insider

Wow that sounds amazing! 😄 i'll be trying that one out sometime soon @jennatar 💖 i went into sephora and the fabulous ladies in there helped me find one 😊 they know my style pretty well 💕 i go in there for makeovers and makeup all the time 💁🏼‍♀️

Awesome -- congrats on your (first??) highlighter!! Now you HAVE to share what you ended up with!! 😉 xoxo

Hi @jennatar,

I think you might be my highlighter soulmate. lol I've used RMS Living Luminizer for almost a decade and I find it's such an underrated product. Not enough people, including makeup lovers, know about it. I rave about it to friends and it's hands down the best for a natural, dewy glow. 

I also have the Becca powder highlighter in Opal. In the same way that you use your Living Luminizer in the inner corner of your eyes, I use opal as an all over eye shadow to brighten my eyes.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Yes! Highlighter buddies!! Living Luminizer is so underrated--I feel like it was especially popular in fashion/editorial makeup, which is actually kind of weird, since it's so everyday-wearable.

Thanks for the hot Becca tip! I'll be trying it as a "brightening shadow" today!!

Hi @Anonymous. Recommendations should partially depend upon your skintone. I def have some faves, like Makeup Geek Psychedelic for its sun kissed shift, Illamasqua OMG for its beautiful, pale golden sheen, amongst many others, but I’m around an NW20 foundation shade. What’s your undertone? Is your skin deeply pigmented, or are you more pale, like me?

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @ClassicallyFab for these recommendations! I will definitely look it them💖 and i actually haven't checked what my foundation shade would be. Do you know how i could do this? 😊 and i would say my skin is pigmented but not too much 💕

Are you in the US? Cast members at Sephora are super helpful with matching @Anonymous! They’ll def help you out.💕

Anonymous Insider

Yes @ClassicallyFab, i am in the US, i'll make sure to ask next time i'm in Sephora ☺️💖

For powder highlighters I love Nars Fort de France, Nars Bord de Plage Palette, Becca Opal, Champagne Pop, and Royal Glow, Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bar Trio Palette, Bobbi Brown To Glow Highlighting Palette, Hourglass Ambient Light Palette, MAC Hyper Real Glow, MAC Whisper of Gilt, Nars Orgasm loose powder, Natasha Denona Face and Body Shimmer, Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy highlighter, and Estee Lauder Heat Wave.  (Yes I do have all these in my possession, it's a lot but I have a problem).

For liquid/stick highlighters I love Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter, Milk Makeup Holographic Stick Mini (in Mars - Golden Peach), Nars Copacabana, Iconic London Illuminator Orginal,  Marc Jacobs Dew You and Hourglass Champagne Highlighter stick.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 54 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing