Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

Cheap and blinding?

I want something blinding but natural glow at the same time. Any cheap suggestions?

RE: Cheap and blinding?

I like to use a brand called Hard Candy. It’s really cheap & I usually find it in WalMart & most drug stores I’ve even seen it in a Dollar store! It mostly eye shadow & blushes but they are so shiny & metallic that I use them as highlighters! I buy 2 shades of their similar shades of metallic pinks & use a very wet brush. I use smaller contour brushes & wet them then swirl them on the cakes of blush until I get the right consistency. The more wet you get them the more intense the color so you can control the shades very easily. Just don’t soak the colors, you can get them to wet. You also need to let them dry when you get the right shade! It just takes a minute or two. They also do better over your foundation & don’t work to well with powder foundations! You can use them dry but I never had very good luck with that way! You can also look them up on-line as to where to buy them if you can’t find them in your nearby drugstore! The eye shadows are very intense in colors & if you use them wet, they last a lot longer!
Anonymous Insider

💖Hey love, I would suggest a highlight by Makeup Revolution you can get them at Ulta they are $6 very cheap for a blinding highlighter but sometimes it’s hard to find a blinding highlighter bc most of them are very expensive I guess if you can’t find a cheap highlighter then I would recommend the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy highlighter it just came out not too long ago it’s my holy grail highlighter!!! 💖

Re: Cheap and blinding?

Hi @Anonymous,

I have been enjoying the Contour Blush Spice Market Blush Palette. The highlighters in here are pigmented and the white highlighter enhances any highlighter that you have. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Check out ColourPop's Super Shock highlighters! I have two of them and the one that gives a blinding but natural glow is the shade Lunch Money. A small amount goes a long way and you can also glam it up really easily if you want to bump it from natural to ultra glam. I haven't tried their pressed powder highlighters, but their SuperShock line is amazing quality and always a good deal.

@Anonymous Have you tried the Wet N Wild Mega Glo highlights? They sell them at Ulta and at drugstores and I find them to be the cheapest, most blinding highlights I own. They are about $5 and come in various shades so you have some good color options 🙂

@Anonymous The Colourpop Supershock highlighters are pretty great. They’re very smooth and bright and only $8 each. I really like them. 

I have a luna highlighter that is like $6 I believe and it is my absolute favorite when I’m going for blinding. The one I have has like purple/grey/silver undertones and I thought it would be terrible on my neutral tan skin, but I absolutely love how it looks.

Check out the Maybeline Master Chrome Highlighters @Anonymous. They are beautiful and come in at under $10. 

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous I agree with @Aaliaa. I recently purchased Maybelline Master Chrome Gold and is working great. And under $10 at the drugstore

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing