Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks

Bronzer and highlighter suggestions

I am very fair. Basically the lightest cool toned shade you can find is my foundation. I always have trouble finding good bronzers and highlighters for fair skin. Anyone have any suggestions?

RE: Bronzer and highlighter suggestions

For the bronzer I’d suggest the benefit hoola bronzer! It has great reviews and is a gorgeous color. Tons of beauty influencers is it and it’s really high quality! I just bought my own one of these and would definitely recommend.

Re: Bronzer and highlighter suggestions

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light has been my favorite "bronzer" for years. ( If you are extremely fair, like me, use with light hand! ) The shade gives me life!

As for highlighters, I love Burberry Fresh Glow in White, and Becca in Prismatic Amethyst. Hourglass Ethereal Light is also a very nice, subtle, highlighter for fair skin. 

@Morgan1Alex  You might look at the Hourglass bronzer and highlighter. The ones in the HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4 are really pretty and may work. Very easy to use!! You also get blushes and face powders. 😊

Hi @Morgan1Alex,

I also have extremely fair skin & in the last few years there seems to have been this huge change in Bronzers.  I used to have one by Guerlain that was kind of a peachy bronzer which really worked for me, when I went to get another, everything seems to just be different shades of brown.  

For me the closest I’ve been able to get that is similar is Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Blush in Peach Passion (there’s also a shade that’s a bit darker that I plan to try).  I use it the same as I used to use my bronzer by guerlain. 

For a highlighter, that’s easy, Lancôme Dual Finish Multi-tasking Illuminating Highlighter in Color 01 shimmering buff.  This is one of the most amazing products!  If you’re makeup is done 100% perfect & add this highlighter, times that by 1000!  It’s literally a head turner.  It’s beautiful, people think it’s natural, although it’s definitely buildable if that’s what you want, I prefer to use just enough to have a natural dewy glow, if people are doing a double take of my face (in a good way), that’s enough for me!  Hope you enjoy!

SuzieQ

Hi @Morgan1Alex,

My favorite bronzer has to be the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tanit comes in a huge pan and will last you a while! I recently just hit pan on my mine and it's a bittersweet feeling. I would recommend the ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Amrezy Highlighter!I have seen many different skin tones wear this highlighter and it truly looks amazing on everyone! 

-Helen

@Morgan1Alex My favourite bronzer is SEPHORA COLLECTION - Bronzer Powderin los cabos i am very fair and it works perfect for me. I would compare it to benefit hoola and my favourite highlight is BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini - OpalFor me Opal is the perfect colour it gives just enough pop!!

Hi @Morgan1Alex,

I recommend the Smashbox Cali Contour Face Palette Light/Medium. It is a contour kit that has a highlighter, bronzer, and blush. Hope this helps! 

Best,

Rebecca 

@Morgan1Alex ➡️Lightest cool toned foundation wearer⬅️ I feel you. I think I've finally nailed bronzer. I have two I rotate depending on my mood: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer Chocolate Soleil in Milk Chocolate and MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan I have to have a very light hand with Marc Jacobs. 

Hi @Morgan1Alex 

I am pretty fair too and the lightest bronzer I've ever tried is the BENEFIT COSMETICS - Hoola Matte Bronzer - Hoola Lite. It doesn't make you look orange or like you have mud on your face. You can build it up as much as you want. My absolute favorite though is the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tanin the shade "tan-tastic". It's expensive, but so worth it and buildable too. Doesn't look patchy or muddy.
For highlighter I would suggest the BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter - Pearl
the formula is amazing and looks so good on pale skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing