cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|
Anonymous Insider

Best highlighter for acne, pale skin?

Which highlighter is perfect for a pale, oily acne skin?

Which one would you recommend? let me know!! xx

Re: Best highlighter for acne, pale skin?

Becca highlighters in Moonstone or Pearl are good if your coloring is really fair. Lots of good advice here in the thread already on where to apply for best effect.

RE: Best highlighter for acne, pale skin?

I have acne prone skin & any liquid or stick highlighter seems to be to much oil for me! It shows up my acne & pours...big time! Plus they don’t stay on long because they are usually oily & my pours get clogged w/them! This also happens with the highlighter drops only they seem to have even more oil in them! I had to stop using those kind of highlighters all together & switch to powders! I love all the BECCA highlighters plus a few cheap ones from the drugstores!

Even though you have oily/acne prone skin doesn’t mean you can’t wear highlighter. I would avoid anything that could irritate your skin and clog pores. Since oily skin gets shiny on its own sometimes a more subtle glow is better like mixing drops into foundation, wearing illuminating primer or moisturizer under matte foundation, or using a matte highlighter. I have oily skin and I find that less is more and I only apply a small amount of powder highlighter to my cheek bones, Cupid’s bow, and tip of nose sometimes. If I have an active breakout I will not apply highlighter to that area as it does draw attention to imperfections.

Hi @Anonymous,

If you have acne prone skin, you want to avoid super shimmery highlighters because they will emphasize your acne. I'd look for a natural, non shimmery highlight. My favorite is the RMS Living Luminizer. It is a translucent, dewy finish that will not bring attention to imperfections. I hope this helps!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

@Anonymous I would avoid highlighting the points of your face where you have acne, highlighters are meant to bounce off the light and attract your eyes so any texture will be magnified. 

Becca hilighter shade moonstone is amazing. 

If you dont like texture which I don’t either the New Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighter is pretty awesome! It’s pretty on almost every skin tone.

Now, there are highlighters that are less textured than others but let’s keep in mind that anything that attracts light is the worst thing to put over textured skin. It is called “highlight” for the sake of illuminating anything that is beneath it. I would advise a dimmer shine, something like Hourglass’

If you have acne, the highlighter isnt going to cover it or any rosacea, foundation will though. However for the pale skin, a good highlighter is Fenty's metal moon, and Artist Couture's gold digger. Also Too Faced's Blinded by the Light

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing