Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Best highlighter for WOC without looking Ashy

Any W.O.C, what are they best highlighters you suggest without it looking like ashy streaks on your face. I'm looking for more of a subtle glow that radiates more than like a ultra sheen highlight that sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Re: Best highlighter for WOC without looking Ashy

The deeper the skin tone, the deeper colors in highlight you'll need to not look ashy.

I am an NC 50/55 which is more in the Deep Tan/Yellow side but cannot use light bright or damn near white highlighters or it'll look ashy as mentioned.

Try MAC Mineralize Global Glow/ Cheeky Bronze or Gold Deposit

-or-

Extreme Dimension 'Glow With It' if you prefer a more subtle highlight that looks golden...

Regardless of the brand you simply want to use deeper tones of the highlight, the deeper your skin tone. 

Laura Mercier makes a highlighter that is like a deep bro...

Laura Mercier makes a highlighter that is like a deep bronze color (forget the name of it). You'll know it when you see it because it's the darkest shade of highlighters. Also, Becca highlighter in Topaz is a great color. And I just recently purchased a highlighter from a brand called Ofra (not sold at Sephora). The name of the highlighter is called "blind the haters", and it gave me life! Lol....It def is, hands down, the best highlight not only for W.O.C., but the best I've ever purchased. The color, quality, packaging, and price is super on-point. No lie. ☆

Re: Best highlighter for WOC without looking Ashy

The rose gold highlighters (like Sinnamon) that Fenty beauty has are great! I also love the darker highlighters from Becca.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing