cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Best glow for an olive complexion?

Soft and unpatchy highligher ❄️ (Not too pigmented)

• olive skin tone
  • over medium coverage foundation

should I use a fan brush or my finger?

Re: Best glow for an olive complexion?

Becca shimmering skin profector pressed highlighter - prosecco pop, Hourglass ambient lighting powder -  diffused light or dim light, Bare Minerals invisible glow highlighting powder - fair to light (if your paler) or the glow powder in the Bare Minerals Invisible Light translucent powder duo (which is my favorite when im lighter, it looks so natural). I have found if I stay with more of a golden sheen it compliments my yellow/olive skin best.

Brush vs. finger all depends on personal prefrence and formula. The more subtle formulas you can use a brush without being overloaded, just be sure to tap of excess product before applying it or it can become intense. With the more intense formulas you can still use a brush you will just have to use a light hand and buff it out a little to give it more of a natural shine effect. The best thing to do is when you get a highlighter play around with it and apply it in different ways to customize its effect to what your wanting.

Anonymous Insider

pretty vulgar has a neutral highlighter, beige colored which can be hard to find. 

I have medium skin, buy more yellow to neutral toned.  I just picked up the ABH Sun Dipped Glow Kit.  The colors aren't too light and they were so smooth.  I use a skinny fan brush for a light application. The only downside is that one color is too dark, but I guess I'll just use it as an eyeshadow.

I changed my mind.  The darkest color in the ABH SunDipped Glow Kit IS wearable for medium skin tones...if using a fan brush that isn't too dense.  It's the best buy I made all year.

Becca Prosecco Pop.

I'm a big fan of the Becca highlighters. I find them very smooth no matter how you apply. I use a fan brush (or any thinner brush) for light coverage. You can use your finger but I find that really makes highlighter pop. Like a finger is a good tool for a concentrated highlight.

Depending on bright you want your highlighter (meaning how much contrast you want between your skin and highlighter) I think Becca Moonstone or Opal would be lovely. I personally find that more warm golden tone highlighters work well with warm olives.

Now if you're a cool olive skintone, you could look into more white-gold colors, or neutral beiges. Laura Mercier has a very neutral highlighter, Hourglass has lots of color options, as does Anastasia.

If you mention what color foundation you wear, that could help us give you more personalized advice. 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing