cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Best glow for an olive complexion?

Soft and unpatchy highligher ❄️ (Not too pigmented)

• olive skin tone
  • over medium coverage foundation

should I use a fan brush or my finger?

Re: Best glow for an olive complexion?

Becca shimmering skin profector pressed highlighter - prosecco pop, Hourglass ambient lighting powder -  diffused light or dim light, Bare Minerals invisible glow highlighting powder - fair to light (if your paler) or the glow powder in the Bare Minerals Invisible Light translucent powder duo (which is my favorite when im lighter, it looks so natural). I have found if I stay with more of a golden sheen it compliments my yellow/olive skin best.

Brush vs. finger all depends on personal prefrence and formula. The more subtle formulas you can use a brush without being overloaded, just be sure to tap of excess product before applying it or it can become intense. With the more intense formulas you can still use a brush you will just have to use a light hand and buff it out a little to give it more of a natural shine effect. The best thing to do is when you get a highlighter play around with it and apply it in different ways to customize its effect to what your wanting.

Anonymous Insider

pretty vulgar has a neutral highlighter, beige colored which can be hard to find. 

I have medium skin, buy more yellow to neutral toned.  I just picked up the ABH Sun Dipped Glow Kit.  The colors aren't too light and they were so smooth.  I use a skinny fan brush for a light application. The only downside is that one color is too dark, but I guess I'll just use it as an eyeshadow.

I changed my mind.  The darkest color in the ABH SunDipped Glow Kit IS wearable for medium skin tones...if using a fan brush that isn't too dense.  It's the best buy I made all year.

Becca Prosecco Pop.

I'm a big fan of the Becca highlighters. I find them very smooth no matter how you apply. I use a fan brush (or any thinner brush) for light coverage. You can use your finger but I find that really makes highlighter pop. Like a finger is a good tool for a concentrated highlight.

Depending on bright you want your highlighter (meaning how much contrast you want between your skin and highlighter) I think Becca Moonstone or Opal would be lovely. I personally find that more warm golden tone highlighters work well with warm olives.

Now if you're a cool olive skintone, you could look into more white-gold colors, or neutral beiges. Laura Mercier has a very neutral highlighter, Hourglass has lots of color options, as does Anastasia.

If you mention what color foundation you wear, that could help us give you more personalized advice. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing