Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

I’ve had my replies to threads deleted several times now. And yes I’m sure they’re deleted. They’re gone. Cannot find them, can’t search for them, and when I go to my profile and click on my posts it’s gone there too. This has happened about 3 or 4 times. All have been from the “mesmerizing may hauls” thread, and maybe one from April’s... Why?! Why does this keep happening? What am I doing wrong? I never post anything with crude images, profanity, stolen pictures, etc. I am getting so angry that this keeps happening! I’m just posting pictures of my haul! What everyone else does. They are 100% my pictures, my words... and now I’m getting very discouraged from continuing to be active on here. What is going on? Can anyone tell me why this keeps happening? 😞

RE: Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

I had that happened to my posts too recently but than after a bit of “investigative work” I figured that there was a person going after my posts and marking them as spam after I replied to her once when she attacked another member of this community. I didn’t say anything offensive but I guess it did get to her and instead of reevaluating her own behavior she chose to go after me. It’s unfortunate but people like that do lurk in our society. Hope your posts will stop disappearing from now on

RE: Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

I didn’t even know you could report posts as spam! I use the app, and have never ever seen that as an option on a post. But now that I know it exists I’m sure that’s what’s happening 😞 for whatever reason... I have no idea why but 😞 I’ve never even said anything to anyone on here except for recommending a product or two. Some people are so petty

Re: Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

@samkeaysxo I was wondering what happened to the post I commented on- I didn’t notice anything wrong with it🤔

Hopefully one of the MODS that were tagged can help you! 

@samkeaysxo

I'd suggest contacting a mod or two; if someone from Sephora had deleted your post, they normally send a message with a reason why, but if you didn't get anything from them...

My first though then is (sadly) that someone is possibly abusing the "mark as spam" button and that needs to be stopped ASAP. 

Heck, I'll tag the mods here for you

@KatieBT @BrendaBT @ShiraBT @VivianBT @LexBT

RE: Re: Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

Yes I assumed I’d get a message if it was because of something inappropriate/ against the rules, but never have. I use the app to post, I don’t even see a “mark as spam” option on posts though?

Re: RE: Re: Why do my posts keep get deleted?!

@samkeaysxo

I don't use the app at all (too glitchy, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the spam thing, and that maybe it's only an app glitch after all), but mobile/desktop look like this when you click the 3 dots in the bottom right of someone else's post. 

"mark as spam" deletes a post; I would assume that somewhere on the admin side, Sephora has a list of posts that have been marked like this, but I really don't know if they actively monitor it (and restore non-spam as needed) or not. They seem to be fairly hands-off in regards to monitoring the board, which has pros and cons, but this would definitely be a con, if it turns out to be what's going on with your posts 😕 

sephora spam.png

So weird!   I haven't been on as much, but I'm pretty sure I've seen/commented on some of your posts.  This happened to a few of my posts right after the switchover from BT to BIC last year, but then it seemed to get corrected.  Hope the glitch gets fixed soon! 😞

@samkeaysxo

It happened to me today actually! I posted my Sephora haul and when I came home from work it was gone. I tried again a few hours ago with the same exact pics and pretty much same caption And it seems to be staying now. But often times it’ll be there for a few days, and then suddenly disappear. 😞

That's really odd. I see a post you made an hour ago in the hauls thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/656922?isMyPost=true

Yes the one I posted a few hours ago is still there, but it’s actually a repost. I had posted it earlier today with the same exact pictures and it was gone when I got home from work. So I tried again, and it seems to be staying now.. but so annoying
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • sephora spam.png
testing