From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars

What would you spend your 2000 Ulta points on?

I'm getting close to racking up 2000 points soon at Ulta. I'm going to try to hold out for a 20% off everything coupon (sadly won't have the points before this latest one expires). What would you buy with $156 worth of points?

I always enjoy seeing what people would buy if they had the opportunity. As it stands now, I think I would go crazy on palettes. This is what I'm thinking:

-Urban Decay Naked Heat

-ABH Modern Renaissance

- Nars Powermatte Pigments in Get Up Stand Up and Under My Thumb

-Tony Moly Collagen Sheet Mask

-SunBum Sunscreen Lip Balm

Re: What would you spend your 2000 Ulta points on?

Does anyone know when the next platinum gift will be? Sorry if this posts under someone else's post. I still have no clue how to work

snoflakefaerie wrote:

I'm getting close to racking up 2000 points soon at Ulta. I'm going to try to hold out for a 20% off everything coupon (sadly won't have the points before this latest one expires). What would you buy with $156 worth of points?

I always enjoy seeing what people would buy if they had the opportunity. As it stands now, I think I would go crazy on palettes. This is what I'm thinking:

-Urban Decay Naked Heat

-ABH Modern Renaissance

- Nars Powermatte Pigments in Get Up Stand Up and Under My Thumb

-Tony Moly Collagen Sheet Mask

-SunBum Sunscreen Lip Balm

this forum.

RE: Re: What would you spend your 2000 Ulta points on?

@luvgloss13 I believe early October has an overlap in 20% coupons and gift bags

Re: RE: Re: What would you spend your 2000 Ulta points on?

YAY!!  Ty so much. 🙂

I in fact just spent 2000 points with my 20% off, so I here's the big things I bought:

-ABH Liquid Lipstick in Heathers

-MAC Instant Artistry Simply Smokey Eye Kit

-MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in Viva Glam I

-MAC Lip Pencil in Edge to Edge

-Tarte Clay Pot Waterproof Shadow Liner in Brown

-NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Under My Thumb

Got a couple other cheap things to round out the cost, but all told everything cost me 20 cents~

1.PNG2.PNG

This is what I recently purchased with my 2000 points.  I got 5x on "select lip products", 3x for being platinum, and 2x for my bday month.  This ended up costing me 1648 points and $7.  I still don't know how points work.  They are to me what magnets are to the ICP.  XD  I think it's some kind of error because you shouldn't be able to rack up points on items purchased with points, but they let me do that.     

RE: Re: What would you spend your 2000 Ulta points on?

My ulta order from Wednesday just arrived today. Ulta is killing it ok the shipping.

@itscarin Oh carp, your order just reminded me I want LOTS of organization stuff. Now I dunno what to do...more purdies, or somewhere to store the ones I already have? Hmmmmm, decisions decisions...lol

I just cashed in 2000 points (with the 20%) and I bought:

-ABH Subculture (I need to test it for myself I can't help it)

-Devacurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask

-Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

-ABH Matte Lipstick

-Memebox Nooni Dual Moisturizing Toner

-Memebox Nooni Toner Sheets

-Devacurl Deep Sea Repair Strengthening Mask

I try to stick to higher end brands that are harder to find on sale but items that I'm pretty sure I'll like. If you don't like something you buy and want to return it, you have to do an exchange because otherwise you end up losing some value to your points.

I use Ulta points to supply my palette addiction LOL. I've gotten all the naked palettes, ABH palettes, two faced palettes and during the holidays I've gotten the lip and nail polish value sets. It's a great way to allow yourself to splurge without any quilt and especially if the points were earned during multiple point stacking periods. Ulta promos are a great resource that's for sure!

@snoflakefaerie Congrats on all the points!  I just had $6 in rewards and a $15 gift cards and I thought I was in the money!  LOL!

I'd probably start with Living Proof pre-shampoo hair mask, the pick up some IT Cosmetics lipsticks.  I wasn't totally in love with the colors, but the formulation was nice.  I've been so disappointed by shades that I loved in the store when swatch that I wonder if the reverse would be true - loving a shade at home that I was lukewarm about in the store.

Let us know what you get!  Have fun!

Im almost halfway to a dyson hair dryer that I'm saving for. 😃

Otherwise, I think I'd get a fragrance.

@mpas

Just keep in mind that the most you can redeem at any one time is 4000pts/$250

(You may very well already know that, so ignore me if so lol) ☺️

That is an awesome way to get a great deal on a nice item!

@RGbrown well hot d@mn! That's amazing.

@snoflakefaerie

I dunno why that's the myth, but it is pervasive! No, you don't have to call in...you can do it right from their site 😀

Screenshot_20170817-234648.png

Um, what?! I thought the max you could redeem was 2000 points at a time? It is it that you have to call in if it's over 2000? Or people just don't do it because you have to work back up to multiples of 2000 to get the full value again? I really thought anything over 2000 was a myth!

Side note, I guess it's not personally relevant to me because I'm 99% sure I don't have the patience to get to 4000 points (nor am I thinking about a really big ticket item), but it does sound amazing to drop that many points and be like, "I paid $10 for this hair dryer." 😍🙃

Ahh I had no clue they had that limit! I have close to 10,000 points I've been hoarding heh.

Here's my current loves list...I've got 4000 points to play with, so somewhere around $320 will be my target ($256 after 20%). I haven't even added this up yet, so not sure if i might have to whittle it down some; sale prices don't show up on the app loves list either, but some of these are discounted right now too.

Screenshot_20170817-162638.png

Screenshot_20170817-162659.png

Screenshot_20170817-162648.png

Screenshot_20170817-162708.png

Screenshot_20170817-162716.png

Screenshot_20170817-162724.png

I keep telling myself I don't need more palettes, and yet somehow I have three here. I might need an intervention lol

I'd probably get some skin care I wouldn't normally purchase, like a mask or a serum or an eye cream at a higher price point, then I'd get some Laura Geller and IT Cosmetics. Throw in a fragrance, call it good. 

@alexasteph If Ulta carried Korres, Drunk Elephant, or Sunday Riley, I would totally splurge on skincare. I have yet to find a brand (maybe PTR?) or specific product that's calls to me that they carry. Do you have anything in particular you're dreaming of trying?

@snoflakefaerie The Perricone MD line is interesting to me but it's so experience I haven't tried anything from it. I like PTR as well, I use the Un-Wrinkle Pads and think they are worth the price. I'd like to try his Irish Moor Mud Mask too. 

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 40 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos10
  • Screenshot_20170817-162638.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-162659.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-162648.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-162708.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-162716.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-162724.png
  • Screenshot_20170817-234648.png